Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone with experience shipping a car from Norway to the US?
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sprbxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Anyone with experience shipping a car from Norway to the US? Reply with quote

I am interested in a car that is located in Sandnes, Norway. Does anyone have any experience with shipping a vehicle from Norway? Its a racecar so it doesn't need to comply with any DOT regs here in the US.

Thanks
Justin
1959 Panel
1967 Vert
1959 Semaphore Ragtop
Kitminxen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone with experience shipping a car from Norway to the US? Reply with quote

Speaking here not from personal experience, but that of a friend. They used a1autotransport to ship a standard daily driver, but it was from the U.S. to Norway. I would assume a company that delivers to Norway from the U.S. would also be able to ship a vehicle in the other direction. They give free estimates from the look of things so it might be worth a call to see what sort of pricing they have. Definitely won't be cheap, but you can save some money by contacting a couple different options and looking at costs.
NM80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone with experience shipping a car from Norway to the US? Reply with quote

Does anybody know how much and how long is a transportation of a car from Germany? I have an opportunity to bring here one or two cars and I’m not sure if should do it?
alain riaud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone with experience shipping a car from Norway to the US? Reply with quote

NM80 wrote:
Does anybody know how much and how long is a transportation of a car from Germany? I have an opportunity to bring here one or two cars and I’m not sure if should do it?

ten days at sea.
NM80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone with experience shipping a car from Norway to the US? Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I expected much more then only 10 days.
Do you know maybe what are the costs? How do they charge the transportation? By the car, by the weight,…?
alain riaud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone with experience shipping a car from Norway to the US? Reply with quote

NM80 wrote:
Thanks for the info. I expected much more then only 10 days.
Do you know maybe what are the costs? How do they charge the transportation? By the car, by the weight,…?

You can ship Ro-Ro, like in a ferry without driver. They charge by the volume.
By volume I mean volume of the box fitting the car, and I paid £2000 for a 2.4 meter high vanagon from Southampton (GB) to Newark , ten days.

For a race car, I would ship it in a container, shared or not, depending on the car size. It's safer.

For example half a container, high cube, for a vanagon from Newark to Le Havre (France) $1600 3 weeks at sea.
NM80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone with experience shipping a car from Norway to the US? Reply with quote

alain riaud wrote:

You can ship Ro-Ro, like in a ferry without driver. They charge by the volume.
By volume I mean volume of the box fitting the car, and I paid £2000 for a 2.4 meter high vanagon from Southampton (GB) to Newark , ten days.

For a race car, I would ship it in a container, shared or not, depending on the car size. It's safer.

For example half a container, high cube, for a vanagon from Newark to Le Havre (France) $1600 3 weeks at sea.

Super, thanks for the advice.
I thought that the prices are much higher. And also the time of travelling is not so bad, especially with this Ro-Ro thing.
What kind of a car did you brought?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: