Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1976 prosche 914 chalon 2L
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
( o\_/o )
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: 1976 prosche 914 chalon 2L Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

these are the pictures of the car as it sat before tear down. the previous owner had almost everything removed to attack the rust issue of the battery box and a few other issues here and their.

this was the only way i had to get the car home. it was risky but hell it was only 10miles on a decently smooth road and we had 3scrapes of the front end and no damage that wasn't already done to the valence
the engine and trans were removed from the car. and the cv's were hanging and i didn't have the tool to unbolt the cv's. so we just got it up back wards and tied up the front wheels with rope (steering lock isn't working, not sure why) to keep it tracking straight

here it is sitting outside the house on the road. this thing is low, and when the motor and trans are put in, it's gonna huncker down real nice

i got the motor and transmission up on a bench in my garage. i have some stuff to bolt onto it like the fuel injectors, the exhaust, and the alternator. then i gotta wire everything up and then a oil and trans fluid change and check the valves then get it put into the body and the wirring reconnected.

i stole this car at $1000. theirs no typo it was a grand!
the big rust issues are already sorted out and i know theirs a few problems here and their but their small and ill tackle them.
yes i got a motor and trans in the deal.
i got the shell of the car with everything taken out and in boxes. the car was gonna be turned into a autocross car and thats why it was gutted. but i've always wanted a gutted 914 so it works out great for me.

ill be asking alot of question. see i have a baja bug project and i know what im doing their. but this car is a new project to me.
i know im gonna have a lot of question regarding were what wire goes were and how does this and that do.
but for now lets just admire the new car in the driveway!
stateofidleness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 1976 prosche 914 chalon 2L Reply with quote

Did you ever finish the car? I'm the guy you bought it from. Was just curious to see if she ever made it back on the road again!
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: 1976 prosche 914 chalon 2L Reply with quote

6 years have past - we want to see final product!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: