Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Headlight bulb retainer rings, where to find
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoSeR42
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Headlight bulb retainer rings, where to find Reply with quote

I'm trying to find the headlight bulb retainer rings for a 57 and cannot find them new or used anywhere?
Does anyone know of a source?
67 beetle
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Headlight bulb retainer rings, where to find Reply with quote

If you're looking for the plated, notched rings w/3 tabs that holds the sealed beam in place, they're the same for all years, 1953-66. I'm not 100 percent sure if bus rings are offset 90 degrees, but I think they're the same.
JoSeR42
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Headlight bulb retainer rings, where to find Reply with quote

That's them. The bus ones are 90 degrees off but I can't find a source for any up to 66. WW, CIP1, or on samba classifieds. I'm probably doing something wrong but they don't seem to be out there?
67 beetle
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Headlight bulb retainer rings, where to find Reply with quote

I'd suggest looking for incomplete or damaged headlight assemblies, or perhaps something rusty. The expensive way would be to buy a couple cheap reproduction headlights for the parts. You could alao call Wolfsburg West, they show the part, but don't have a link for it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: