Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Primer/Paint question
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MConstable
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Primer/Paint question Reply with quote

Hello all, got a question and couldn't figure out keywords to do a search...
If I'm doing bodywork on my bus little by little, and it won't get painted for a year or so, what is the best way to keep it from rusting in the meantime?
I heard primer by itself doesn't seal, but what in the heck can I do?
Thanks in advance...Michael
tone-loc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put a good epoxy primer like k36 you can leave it out in the rain and it wont rust.I sand blasted my whole car down and went back and put a couple coats of primer and have doing body work on for about four months and havent had any problems.Plus if you use a good primer it will stick to bare metal better than bondo and you can bondo over right over the primer just scuff it up with some 120 grit .
BIG MAC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the PPG product is call DP epoxy primer. K36 is acrylic urethane primer surfacer. Other than that everything else tone said is correct.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: