Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rabbit Diesel 1984 Engine Not Turning
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chevy432
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Rabbit Diesel 1984 Engine Not Turning Reply with quote

Just finished swapping a whole lot of parts from my 1980 rabbit onto the 84 diesel rabbit and I finished off the repairs with finding a guy selling a starter for the car. I installed the starter and all the wires but when I turned the key nothing happens besides an initial clunk, so after this I took a big socket wrench and through t on the crank case nut to see if I could get it to at least turn the motor and it didn't turn at all. I'm guessing that it's seized up but considering it's only got 140,000kms on it I do not think this is even possible. Is there a good way to free up the motor and get it turning again? Any special VW tricks out there for me to learn

Thanks, Trevor
crsmp5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Rabbit Diesel 1984 Engine Not Turning Reply with quote

valves hit and lock them up pretty easy..

since you hit the key pull head
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: