Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

73 ghia on whats my car worth
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stanthedog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: 73 ghia on whats my car worth Reply with quote

Had a light blue 73 ghia coupe with a little trailer(didnt see what the trailer looked like) on Whats my car worth. Younger guy driving it said it was 46 hp, I thought the 1.6 dp had 52. Then back at the auction site they said it had an 1835. owner said 35,000, older guy said 25,000. sold for 25,000.
sactojesse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 73 ghia on whats my car worth Reply with quote

Prior to 1973, US horsepower ratings were SAE gross, which were about 20% higher than the DIN hp ratings used in Europe. Thus, the 1600 DP was initially rated at 60 SAE gross hp and 50 hp DIN. Beginning around 1973, U.S. hp ratings were required to be SAE net hp, which was closer to the DIN ratings. For the 1600 DP, 46 - 48 hp is the SAE net rating that applied to 1973 and later model years.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 73 ghia on whats my car worth Reply with quote

I caught that episode too. He was fortunate to get that much for a chubby coupe with the trailer.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 73 ghia on whats my car worth Reply with quote

I caught this show and thought he made out ok. Wheeler Dealer did a show on a Karmann Ghia also.

1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1973 Karmann Ghia Coupe - Project car for sale
1970 Karmann Ghia Convertible (Body off restoration)

Timing is everything
rockerarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 73 ghia on whats my car worth Reply with quote

Hi. As with any VW without documentation as to what exists, it is all street talk. This would reflect any price at an action.
Bill
stanthedog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 73 ghia on whats my car worth Reply with quote

Wheeler dealers was interesting(I thought). He had to come to idaho to find a decent ghia to fix up(no decent ones in all of europe), and it was an autostick. Ed switched it to a manual trans.
NOVA Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 73 ghia on whats my car worth Reply with quote

stanthedog wrote:
Wheeler dealers was interesting(I thought). He had to come to idaho to find a decent ghia to fix up(no decent ones in all of europe), and it was an autostick. Ed switched it to a manual trans.

I saw that episode but as I recall the AS conversion had already been made - even though it still had an AS emblem in the back.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: