Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stuck CD
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Stuck CD Reply with quote

Someone put a CD in my CD player in my truck and now it's stuck. I'm guessing they forced it in. It won't play or eject. I'm not a radio guy so does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the CD out?
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck CD Reply with quote

Disconnect battery, wait a few minutes, reconnect. See if that ejects it. Unfortunately, car stereos don't have a little hole for a paper clip to be inserted to eject the CD.

If you have to, you may need to remove the stereo and take it partially apart. You can try Google to see if there's a way to eject on that stereo.

I will also say, that on my 2004 Frontier: when I bought this in 2011, there was a CD stuck in it, it would play, but not eject. That was a common malfunction with Nissan stereos of that vintage, and would've cost more to fix than me installing an aftermarket unit.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Stuck CD Reply with quote

my wife stuck a cd in the player befor the other cd had come out.....it took me a while but they both came out with come help. I also have a player in my truck that stoped worken.....I pulled it out to stick a cheep unit in when I sold the truck....thats when about $6.00 worth of change came out Shocked apparently somebody thought it was a slot machine, I gess I won the jackpot!!! I sure do miss somebody...but I did see "Somebody" on TV last night!!!!
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck CD Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
my wife stuck a cd in the player befor the other cd had come out.....it took me a while but they both came out with come help. I also have a player in my truck that stoped worken.....I pulled it out to stick a cheep unit in when I sold the truck....thats when about $6.00 worth of change came out Shocked apparently somebody thought it was a slot machine, I gess I won the jackpot!!! I sure do miss somebody...but I did see "Somebody" on TV last night!!!!

Years ago the CD player in our Mazda MPV quit while under warranty. Got a call from the service writer saying they pulled the unit and about $7 in change came out. Coins conduct electricity just fine! Our kids were like 4-6-9 at the time. The dealer got all the change out before sending it in for repair.

I was putting a CD in the 4Runner and absentmindedly slipped the CD between the unit and the dash, not into the CD slot. Our "Beatles 1" CD still sits on top of the unit inside the dash. It takes 2-3 hours to pull the unit and I have never felt the need to retrieve the CD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Stuck CD Reply with quote

Sometimes you can slip a stiff piece of paper (cardstockish) under or over the CD in the slot- and it will release the "clamper" thingie that is gripping your CD. Try slipping in a piece, then push 'eject' while pulling the paper out at roughly the same speed at which the deck usually ejects. I did this too many times to count when I worked at a car stereo joint.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck CD Reply with quote

my wife stuck a cd in the rong slot too....then couldn't figure out why it wouldn't play.....
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck CD Reply with quote

Seriously, smack it like the fonz. Cool it works every time.
Push eject and give it a thump.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck CD Reply with quote

enjoyther1de wrote:
Seriously, smack it like the fonz. Cool it works every time.
Push eject and give it a thump.

Aahhh, that well-known repair called "impact remediation."

One of my favorite moments in the old Star Trek (happy 50th by the way), was seeing Kirk tapping hard on his communicator when it wouldn't tune in the ship. 300 years of technology advancement, and he still "bangs on it" to fix it! Some things never change.
jwold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck CD Reply with quote

With the power off, try holding the eject button down down while powering it up.
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck CD Reply with quote

I usually just stick something in to move the cd one way or another and it ejects then, after I push the eject button
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck CD Reply with quote

Okay, it's time this thread become a "mad lib."

Cause frankly if we didn't know the context dealt with a stuck CD- the advice can apply to far more entertaining predicaments. Cool

I'm thinking Gynecology right off the bat.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Stuck CD Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
Okay, it's time this thread become a "mad lib."

Cause frankly if we didn't know the context dealt with a stuck CD- the advice can apply to far more entertaining predicaments. Cool

I'm thinking Gynecology right off the bat.

Either way you gotta thump em good once in a while.
OP, did you ever get that engelbert Humperdinck out of there?
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck CD Reply with quote

Amazingly the CD did come out. After not touching it for a week or 2 out of the blue I tried hitting the eject button and it came right out. Go figure. I haven't tried putting another one in since. Maybe someday I'll have a CD that I don't care if it gets stuck in there and try it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: