Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Recently found Convertible
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 9:23 am    Post subject: Recently found Convertible Reply with quote

I just made deposit on a convertible that is in show condition. When I evaluate this car what numbers (VIN, engine) do I need to verify. How do I decode a VIN? Are there any other authenticity checks I need to perform? Any other advice? Thanks
twinwindows
Samba Pimp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Recently found Convertible Reply with quote

Hello Scott, i`m the guy who cut up the oval , you mad also ? anyways...
do you know what yr it is , also when you check the VIN on it make sure the #`s under the rear seat matches the same one up front , i dont know what yr you got but look for the I D tag under the hood , there are many websites that can find when the car was made Also make sure the panels under the running bords are not shot or rusty most verts are , If you can , what yr is it i can help you make sure you got what you paid for ..
carlos
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:00 am    Post subject: Recently found Convertible Reply with quote

It is a 1962
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: