Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Wolfgang trans stabilizer
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
epayne611
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: New Wolfgang trans stabilizer Reply with quote

https://www.wolfgangint.com/store/product/type-2-transaxle-stabilizer-mid-mount/

Was thinking about this for my 2110. Have had to go to a slightly harder nose mount, was thinking this may be a bit of help. Anyone use one yet? Thoughts?
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New Wolfgang trans stabilizer Reply with quote

Looks like a nice product. If you install one, let us know what you think and how it works for you.
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Wolfgang trans stabilizer Reply with quote

Great idea! You definately need nose cone support on a bus. The Factory was Nada. Especially with a bigger motor.
ezcamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: New Wolfgang trans stabilizer Reply with quote

oldspeed makes something similar using stock rubber mounts but the Wolfgang mount looks really nice if the rubber holds up.
I make HWE style roof racks, Jim-Dandy racks, SO-33 metal parts, Dormobile racks, HWE style ladders, engine crank start handles, Westy rack tags, Binz tags, Sundial badges, State of California tags, steering lock electrical covers and single / double cab gate latch friction blocks.

instagram is http://instagram.com/bullidriversteelworks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joe cool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: New Wolfgang trans stabilizer Reply with quote

I have run a primitive version on Shasta snow trip for 3 years now after tearing apart a front mount and losing ability to shift gears. They work great to take load off the front mount but they add a LOT of noise to the bus. All the vibration/resonance of the transmission gets transmitted to the frame and throughout the bus.
But they work! More or less eliminates the need for a front mount.
GDOG57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New Wolfgang trans stabilizer Reply with quote

I have the Wolfgang setup in my '57 panel w/1956cc. Works awesome, no drilling of any kind. Just bolt it up. Because of the later trans i have in place of the split case. I had to run a Concept 1 front mount setup which i was afraid was putting stress on the nose cone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn A
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: New Wolfgang trans stabilizer Reply with quote

Dang, 26 bucks shipping. I'll be installing my 3rd mount along with this hopefully it will be my last.

60 Double cab
65 EzCamper
66 Double cab
62 Kombi
2017 Golf R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: