Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArkieDude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? Reply with quote

Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? From what I was told, I have a Spatz buggy. Needing mirrors and clamps for the windshield.
[img]
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/img]
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? Reply with quote

Embarassed If you need a mirror- just glue the wedge on there and get a mirrior from an american car-

Your pic just shows a rail?? is this what you think you want to glue a mirror to? Think the first bush will tear it off.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jsturtlebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? Reply with quote

You really need to show a wider shot to show more of windshield frame.
If it is a standard style aluminum windshield frame, clamps for mirrors that fit it can be found at places such as Moore Parts, Pacific Customs, or other places that sell buggy parts.
Moore Parts shows the clamp as fitting a Manx style windshield frame in their description.
Motion Tire Motorsports
Having fun with Dune Buggies since 1970
Into Volkswagens since 1960
joemama
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? Reply with quote

Rear view mirror can be glued to the windshield, side view mirror looks like a Manx style mount should work.
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? Reply with quote

Hi ArkieDude,

You may be referring to these Manx Style Windshield Frame Mirror Mounting Brackets: http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C26-857-775

I currently use a version of these on my windshield, but I can not remember offhand what the thread size is for the mounting hole; maybe others can chime in with that information. You will need it to match up with the threads on whatever mirror you choose to mount.

Mirrors like these: http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C26-857-820 or these http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C26-857-825 may very well work; you may want to call CIP to confirm that the thread studs offered by the will match up with the mount. I am pretty sure that they will be compatible.

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? Reply with quote

Gary0302 wrote:

Mirrors like these: http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C26-857-820 or these http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C26-857-825 may very well work; you may want to call CIP to confirm that the thread studs offered by the will match up with the mount. I am pretty sure that they will be compatible.

Clamps and mirrors might also be available here....

http://bugshieldsbydino.com/

Know what so funny about these $24 mirrors... Same one in Harley Davidson motorcycle dealer (at one time) was $125...

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? Reply with quote

[quote="Dale M."]
Gary0302 wrote:

mps and mirrors might also be available here....

Know what so funny about these $24 mirrors... Same one in Harley Davidson motorcycle dealer (at one time) was $125...

Dale

even funnier is the price of a HD head temp gauge- compared to VDO Rolling Eyes

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ArkieDude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. The pic was to show the groove on the hood side of the windshield frame.
I'll look for Manx Style side mirrors and mounts.
weasel_ugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? Reply with quote

[quote="williamM"]
Dale M. wrote:
Gary0302 wrote:

mps and mirrors might also be available here....

Dale

even funnier is the price of a HD head temp gauge- compared to VDO Rolling Eyes

Sorry for hijack but the VDO gauges are discontinued.
ArkieDude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? Reply with quote

Can anyone provide dimensions for the mounts and where you bought them? Neither company has provided specs and I can't determine if they will fit my windshield.
jsturtlebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? Reply with quote

Show a picture of your whole windshield frame and then you may get a better answer to your question.
Most all extruded aluminum windshield frames use the same extrusion.
Motion Tire Motorsports
Having fun with Dune Buggies since 1970
Into Volkswagens since 1960
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? Reply with quote

Hi ArkieDude,

To the best of my knowledge, your windshield appears to have what most would consider to be the standard groove. Although I can not be 1000% sure, I would feel comfortable in telling you that the mounts that were included in the link I provided above will fit. I am not all-knowing or all-seeing, but I have yet to see any non-standard variations in the groove in the windshield, or in the dimensions of the mount. I would imagine that others could chime in if they have had issues with a suitable fit.

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? Reply with quote

Harley Two piece long stem mirrors work great too.
I used them on my windshield mount... but I don't have the hidden mounting bolts. I used them to replace the upper bolt that holds the windshield on.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The nice thing about them is they get high enough where you can actually see over the rear fender.

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
barrist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Can anyone advise on where to get mirror clamps for windshield? Reply with quote

I got mine from Dino, Another place to look,http://acmecarco.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=63&products_id=2711
Use to be Berrien Buggy.

Good Luck, and Have a Great Day,

Bill
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: