Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Please go to your closest national forest.
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shifty2006
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Please go to your closest national forest. Reply with quote

This year has been intense for anyone out there fighting wildland fire with the bug kill and past drought please take your family and friends to enjoy our forests it's scary to think where they will be in the next few years with the fires and everything going on in so cal..
project of pieces to be assemble to someday be a baja (inprogress)
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Please go to your closest national forest. Reply with quote

Use it or lose it. Nature is some cool shit, I've enjoyed some cool sights with my family and a lot have been in a VW.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Please go to your closest national forest. Reply with quote

Shifty I can totally related. So many people do not realize how valuable our national forest are. Yes I have been evacuated in the past, and this year was on evacuation standby for two weeks due to another forest fire. The price we pay to live in the ponderosa forested area.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Please go to your closest national forest. Reply with quote

Don't forget our national parks. I surveyed the vast majority of Everglades National Park back in the eighties and nineties. One particular area is being over run by pythons. In a place that used to have thriving wildlife like raccoons, possums, deer, and otters as well as many species of wading birds, it is now hard to find these animals as the giant snakes are eating everything including alligators. I too think it's important to experience our national wild lands as shit seems to be changing rapidly.
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Please go to your closest national forest. Reply with quote

You should all come check out the Angeles national Forrest. It's will make you loose faith in humanity. I take the kid up from time to time to pick up trash. Some nice views if you look around the garbage.
Pretty sad.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Please go to your closest national forest. Reply with quote

enjoyther1de wrote:
You should all come check out the Angeles national Forrest. It's will make you loose faith in humanity. I take the kid up from time to time to pick up trash. Some nice views if you look around the garbage.
Pretty sad.

You mean the small parts that haven't been burned to a crisp in the drought yet? It is so sad... over half the habitat gone. And then people complain about all the coyotes and bears coming down into their neighborhoods. We ran them out of theirs, then burned their new home. People can be awful.

Our wildland fire (mis-)management has been a disaster for wildlife.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Please go to your closest national forest. Reply with quote

we usualy go 2-4 times a year, but sofar not this year....Ill go next week.
krs.br79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Please go to your closest national forest. Reply with quote

Fire is a natural process, and in fact all forests and rangelands burn at some time.

I fully support natural occurring fires, as well as prescribed fires.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Please go to your closest national forest. Reply with quote

krs.br79 wrote:
Fire is a natural process, and in fact all forests and rangelands burn at some time.

I fully support natural occurring fires, as well as prescribed fires.

Yes, but when man hems in wildlife into closed areas by urban expansion, it is our duty to protect them and their dwindling habitat, not just ourselves and our buildings. We should be managing it with prescribed burns in a checkerboard type fashion, so that we don't lose so much at once, and wildlife can migrate to safe haven. More than 50% of the Angeles national Forest has burned in the last five years or so, and then we shoot the bears, coyotes and mountain ions that "trespass" into our neighborhoods. IDIOCY!
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Please go to your closest national forest. Reply with quote

I'm still trying to figure out all the advertisement and hype about the Forrest. Maybe they need revenue? To me it's kinda like telling everybody about your favorite secret spot, once the word is out its ruined.
Now it's jam packed full of grundle fondlers taking selfies with their pile of garbage they left incase the Bears get hungry.
Leave the forests for people in the know. If your not an outdoor person you probably never will be. I personally think the Forrest does not need to advertise for more "customers".
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Please go to your closest national forest. Reply with quote

We enjoy camping, and our National Forests, but why aren't we replanting new trees?????

Fires have ALWAYS occurred, and who took care it? nature, It's up to us to use, reuse and recycle.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
old DKP driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Please go to your closest national forest. Reply with quote

The fires in California have devastated us in the last 6 months and living close to the one in the Santa Cruz mountains is really devastating and hits close to home. A family that lived there since 1977 lost everything except their lives.It was fortunate that the couple made it out alive as the wife was trying to bring
important items out as her husband called out to her before the fire took their
home.

Life changes in an instant.

I lived on the San Lorenzo River in the Santa Cruz mountains for quite a few
years and participated in restoring the Salmon population there and raised our
children to respect all that nature had to give. whether good OR bad.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: