Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Random question about chroming bumpers
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busmania
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Random question about chroming bumpers Reply with quote

I have never had anything chromed so forgive me. You see these shows where they "shave" the bumpers of all the bolt holes and such. My question is, I assume there is no body filler to use on a bumper like there is on a body where grinds/welds don't have to be "perfect" so does the grinding and everything have to be done perfect before chroming? Would every little imperfection show after chroming? Probably something I would never have the patience for.

Random question, just been wondering it for a while.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Random question about chroming bumpers Reply with quote

In my experience, most chrome shops have experts to do finish work prior to chroming.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Random question about chroming bumpers Reply with quote

Metal needs to be as perfect as it can be. The finished appearance, like bodywork, is only as good as the prep work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: