Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Monster Tachometer
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Monster Tachometer Reply with quote

Found this gem in the April 2004 issue of Hot VWs. Pretty amazing technology from more than a decade ago that you just don't see in todays drag cars.

Complete kit weighs less than 86 pounds and comes complete with chassis support bracket, photon power inverter, onboard water cooling system, 300 kilowatt shift light, and 297 page instruction booklet. Also has a patented Pro-Zap technology that sends a progressively stronger electrical current through the drivers wrist when they miss shift points or over rev.

Still trying to find one in the classified section as the company apparently is no longer in business.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sorry for the poor quality pic. Zoom in and read the whole article. It's fantastic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Mosnter Tachometer Reply with quote

I may need a speedo that size in the next ten years if my eyes get any worse Laughing
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Mosnter Tachometer Reply with quote

Maybe the production was limited to that one, notice that it's an April issue. Fool. Laughing

But, I wonder how many orders they received?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Mosnter Tachometer Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Maybe the production was limited to that one, notice that it's an April issue. Fool. Laughing

But, I wonder how many orders they received?

Say whaaaaaaaaaaa...... Shocked

So you're saying that this isn't real? An 80 pound tach just makes so much sense in a drag car. Hmmmmm. Think
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Mosnter Tachometer Reply with quote

Lol, sadly I remember when that issue came out & thought about how many hondas would be sporting that unit on the dash if it were real.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Mosnter Tachometer Reply with quote

You missed the impact of this thread topic by about six months.

Other "fools" articles included Herrod Helpers and anything Empi

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
itskyle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mosnter Tachometer Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Lol, sadly I remember when that issue came out & thought about how many hondas would be sporting that unit on the dash if it were real.

Oh, to match the coffee-can sized mufflers?

now, that would make sense, in an oddball sort of way...

Kyle
74 SuperBeetle Auto Stick (I miss that car)
73 SquareBack, Straight Stick (Wife misses this one.)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: