Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Helping to assign a value to several split-window Buses
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Helping to assign a value to several split-window Buses Reply with quote

borninabus wrote:
i'll offer you half of what the old man thinks both the split busses are worth for the marino yellow camper.
there is a classified section on this site and if i was a moderator i would lock this thread and ban you.

Explain why you think he should be banned. Because he's got a line on some buses and you're feeling cut out of the deal?

He obviously doesn't leave and breathe Samba- and is asking questions in a legitimate thread. Report this thread to someone with influence on this site and see if it warrants a lock and ban. Make sure he doesn't disappear before you have a chance to scam your yellow bay.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Helping to assign a value to several split-window Buses Reply with quote

borninabus wrote:
i'll offer you half of what the old man thinks both the split busses are worth for the marino yellow camper.
there is a classified section on this site and if i was a moderator i would lock this thread and ban you.

Admin here:
It's fine to ask what things are worth or ask for help in identifying Buses you have found, even more so from someone who is not experienced with VW Buses or their values.

This thread is 100% ok.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Helping to assign a value to several split-window Buses Reply with quote

That comment really didn't sit right with me for several reasons when I read it last night, but I was too tired to respond. This type of "Know it all" comment isn't reflective of everybody on Samba, so I really hope the original poster doesn't take it that way. Most are here to honestly help out, but there is a bad apple in every bunch.
With that being said, stick to belittling people in the Vanagon and Bay catagories...we don't need your negative attitude becoming reflective of the masses in here.
I hope you are able to help the owner sell the cars on his property. Removing the cut up vehicles alone looks like a days work. That needs to be factored into the selling price. I like to leave the property like the car wasn't ever there, removing brush, ect. That might need to be negotiated when you sell them. I've seen guys throw everything they don't want in a pile, throw brush everywhere, and just take off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Helping to assign a value to several split-window Buses Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
I like to leave the property like the car wasn't ever there, removing brush, ect. That might need to be negotiated when you sell them. I've seen guys throw everything they don't want in a pile, throw brush everywhere, and just take off.

It can be a lot of work just to get a bus on four tires with air in them on wheels that turn, with the brush cleared off.
If you are selling a field bus with garbage people expect cheap.

This reminds me of Maple Valley,
The following pics were taken from close to the same spot... it is the same blue DC truck on right in the first two pics.
The seller had titles for all these except the blue DC.
This was a lot of work.
We did not know exactly was was there when we made the deal. Obviously,the price was less than for a rolling bus with a quick wash. To get 3-5 K some one has to put in effort.
Those buses with the little windows on the roof are worth a lot more than the ones without.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

the Kukko drum puller on the left was used on every bus

Last day. Sorry, I did not take the garbage, but I tried to leave it in piles or in the other cars. The deal did not include us taking away enough garbage to fill a dumpster or two.

panel on the right had frame rot:

RhodyM20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Helping to assign a value to several split-window Buses Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Thanks for confirming I wasn't breaking any rules. Truth be told, I bought this off the owner a few months ago:

So, I'm definitely not an expert! Though I do have an affinity for old BMWs and own an '87 325is and a Euro-market '80 320.

Simply put, I like the seller. He made me a fair deal for the 'Yota and he asked me to help him put a price on the Vans. He is not a VW expert; just scoops up whatever he thinks is interesting throughout Tennessee and Georgia.

And for the record, I do not stand to make a dime off of this. All I am angling for is a potential discount on a parts-car 1989 Subaru XT6 he has that I can use for my recently acquired 1988 XT6 project.

I love the oddball stuff just like you, but I'm out in the weeds when it comes to old air-cooled projects. Which is why I asked the question!
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Helping to assign a value to several split-window Buses Reply with quote

That Hiace is great! I can't imagine many of those made it as far East as that one. It seems the entire market for those vehicles in the US is solely between CA and WA.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
RhodyM20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Helping to assign a value to several split-window Buses Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
That Hiace is great! I can't imagine many of those made it as far East as that one. It seems the entire market for those vehicles in the US is solely between CA and WA.

Thank you! It's been a bear to find parts for, but fortunately, the motor is a 2.2L diesel sold in the US in 2WD Hilux pickups between 81-83.

I am heading back to GA in a few days and will make some time to take better photos and confirm if the most complete van has a middle seat. Just got a new phone so I should be able to get some better detail just by virtue of having a camera capable of capturing more than three colors.

Thanks,

Jeff
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: