Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

not sure about 6'' or 7'' wheels for kubel
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
flat44ever
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: not sure about 6'' or 7'' wheels for kubel Reply with quote

hello there!

i have been looking around at this fórum but i can't figure out which wheels would go for my late 72 kubel.

my plan is to put off road wheels 205/70/15, do i need 6'' or 7'' wheels for a perfect fit without rubbing?

i am looking at cip1 to buy the White Steel ones :

ACC-C10-1016 - WHITE SPOKE STEEL BAJA WHEEL 15X7 - 5X205MM BOLT PATTERN - 3-1/2 INCH BACKSPACING SOLD EACH - (A25)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kubelmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: not sure about 6'' or 7'' wheels for kubel Reply with quote

It is not the wheels that will rub. Its tire size that rub the headlight bucket in front. That is why all my Things have intentionally dented headlight buckets... front 6" Centerline with Dominators 205 70 15. rear 7" Centerline BFG AT KO2 235 70 15 If you use a 66/67 5 x 205 x 15" slotted steel bug wheel the back space is 4" So your 3.5' backspace should not rub (depending how fat a tire you run. Tires bulge way over the wheel's edge...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flat44ever
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: not sure about 6'' or 7'' wheels for kubel Reply with quote

thanks for the reply kubelmann!

i saw this one in Hawaii and love the stance :

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

mine is like this now Sad :

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ldj1002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: not sure about 6'' or 7'' wheels for kubel Reply with quote

flat44ever wrote:
thanks for the reply kubelmann!

i saw this one in Hawaii and love the stance :

mine is like this now Sad :

To each his own. I like yours the way it is much better
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flat44ever
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: not sure about 6'' or 7'' wheels for kubel Reply with quote

ldj1002 wrote:
To each his own. I like yours the way it is much better

thanks mate.
mine was originally sand color and has only been painted once. the car was owned by a ship company (with yellow as their brand color) and was used as a 'field' car by them. it's fully original except the color and a CB radio they used back in the 70's Wink
guppysoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: not sure about 6'' or 7'' wheels for kubel Reply with quote

I would just put 205/75/15 all terrain on all 4 of those original rims. Nice Safari by the way!
flat44ever
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: not sure about 6'' or 7'' wheels for kubel Reply with quote

guppysoup wrote:
I would just put 205/75/15 all terrain on all 4 of those original rims. Nice Safari by the way!

thanks!
right now running 14'' bus wheels with 185R14. my thing is a october72 versión that originally comes with 15'' wheels (which i have) with 165R15 tyres.
i have a spare set of 15'' BRM wheels,these are 5,5'',i am afraid that 205 will not fit these or the original wheels.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: