Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Drove it for 6 days straight
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikec4193
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Drove it for 6 days straight Reply with quote

My daily driver was waiting for parts so...

I got to drive the 1968 VW Beetle I bought last July...

Ran the old man for 6 days straight

Definitely a time warp for sure...thought I was back in the 1970's a again...which by the way was the last time I had one of these vehicles on the roadways...

The ladies seem to love the way it looks too...

Got the normal daily driver back last night...it was a fun run for sure...thanking GOD the weather was good for the 6 days I drove it...I was not looking forward to finding out how weather tight the little car was...

MikeC
curtp07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Drove it for 6 days straight Reply with quote

Do you drive it in the winter?
vwkirb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Drove it for 6 days straight Reply with quote

When I read the name of your thread I thought you meant you drive it for six days without stopping.
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Drove it for 6 days straight Reply with quote

Sure they are weather-tite. Rust free ones float for like 1/2 hour. ^ days and you should have reached Anchorage Alaska.
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Drove it for 6 days straight Reply with quote

Just 6 days. Drive it more often and enjoy it. Lost count on how many days in a row I have mine. Keep on truckin.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
itskyle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Drove it for 6 days straight Reply with quote

gt1953,

Don't you mean, "Keep on Buggin'"?

Cool
74 SuperBeetle Auto Stick (I miss that car)
73 SquareBack, Straight Stick (Wife misses this one.)
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Drove it for 6 days straight Reply with quote

itskyle wrote:
gt1953,

Don't you mean, "Keep on Buggin'"?

Cool

Like me, gt1953 has a truck and several VWs. So both sayings are fine !!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
mikec4193
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Drove it for 6 days straight Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
Just 6 days. Drive it more often and enjoy it. Lost count on how many days in a row I have mine. Keep on truckin.

Hey gt1953....

I would but I am not a fan of how it runs or drives.....it's get up and go sorta got up and went...too slow for flow of traffic too....

It needs way more motor than it currently has in it (1600)....a newer VW motor with fuel injection would be awesome....I think I will leave that for the next owner to figure out.....

Funny thing is...more ladies talk to me when I drive it now then when I had one back in 1978-1979...

MikeC
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Drove it for 6 days straight Reply with quote

I drove my 1971 Convertible 40 miles away to do some charity painting yesterday, and a 45 mile detour back. Fun.

Mine has 1835cc engine so I definitely keep up, and more.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Drove it for 6 days straight Reply with quote

vwkirb wrote:
When I read the name of your thread I thought you meant you drive it for six days without stopping.

Me too! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Drove it for 6 days straight Reply with quote

mikec4193 wrote:
Drove it for 6 days straight. MikeC

vwkirb wrote:

When I read the name of your thread I was wondering if you were only straight for 6 days !!!
mikec4193
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: I drove it for 6 days straight... Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
I drove my 1971 Convertible 40 miles away to do some charity painting yesterday, and a 45 mile detour back. Fun.

Mine has 1835cc engine so I definitely keep up, and more.

I gotta quote from "Scat VW" about a month ago for some big motor and it was like over $6000.00...scared me back into reality...

So....I will do minor fix ups on it as they come up...enjoy it as it is....it is 48 year old car....I bought it to relive my youth......it was all good...anybody wanna buy it???

MikeC
Daftendirekte
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Drove it for 6 days straight Reply with quote

You can easily build an 1835 for yourself for less than half of that! But with some work and a tune up, you can still have enough power out of a 1600 to move out of it's own way, too.

I've been driving my new-to-me unrestored survivor '69 for 3 weeks straight, particularly in commute traffic 60 miles a day in Los Angeles. This morning was the first rain in some time (feels like all year) and it still did well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Volks Wagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Drove it for 6 days straight Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
mikec4193 wrote:
Drove it for 6 days straight. MikeC

vwkirb wrote:

When I read the name of your thread I was wondering if you were only straight for 6 days !!!

Well spotted Cusser.

I'm definitely, probably, the worlds greatest lover.

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: