Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need a carburetor guy in Phoenix area Arizona
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
03hdfatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Need a carburetor guy in Phoenix area Arizona Reply with quote

My carb is acting up and I haven't rebuilt one in 25 or so years and my eyesight isn't what it used to be. If you know anyone please let me know.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a carburetor guy in Phoenix area Arizona Reply with quote

Check with VW Performance. The owner's name slips my mind but he's very knowledgeable.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
clearsurf2001
Samba Vaccinator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a carburetor guy in Phoenix area Arizona Reply with quote

http://www.v-w-performance.com/
mharney wrote:

I think Glenn has an EMPI crank in his engine.
03hdfatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a carburetor guy in Phoenix area Arizona Reply with quote

Thank you very much
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Need a carburetor guy in Phoenix area Arizona Reply with quote

Just send it or buy one from Tim at Volkzbitz....Look up his feedback. I have at least 6 of his in my inventory right now and have installed quite a few more....Amazing work.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Need a carburetor guy in Phoenix area Arizona Reply with quote

What type of carb??? Single solex, Weber, Kadron?
Yes Steve at VW Performance is quite capable.
(602) 442-8997 3865 N 38th Ave, Phoenix, AZ

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Need a carburetor guy in Phoenix area Arizona Reply with quote

03hdfatboy wrote:
My carb is acting up and I haven't rebuilt one in 25 or so years and my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

I just rebuilt my own Solex 30/31 PICT last week, and I hadn't rebuilt a VW carburetor in well over 30 years. However, a gallon of carburetor cleaner cost me about $28 (used it for other purposes too) and a rebuild kit about $20. At least I didn't lose either of its tiny steel balls, laid it out on a towel on the workbench. And I used aerosol brake cleaner to spray through small passages, and I had an air compressor to blow out and dry such passages and jets. So if you add that all together, may not be worth it to try to rebuild it yourself. If you do, see www.vw-resource.com/carb_41.html
and http://1967beetle.com/carburetor-rebuild/

Ever try any magnifying glasses ??
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
03hdfatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Need a carburetor guy in Phoenix area Arizona Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
What type of carb??? Single solex, Weber, Kadron?
Yes Steve at VW Performance is quite capable.
(602) 442-8997 3865 N 38th Ave, Phoenix, AZ

single Dellorto 40
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Need a carburetor guy in Phoenix area Arizona Reply with quote

03hdfatboy wrote:
single Dellorto 40

Oh - we should all have looked in the "signature" line !
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
03hdfatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a carburetor guy in Phoenix area Arizona Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
03hdfatboy wrote:
single Dellorto 40

Oh - we should all have looked in the "signature" line !

Lol
evanfrucht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Need a carburetor guy in Phoenix area Arizona Reply with quote

Send it to this guy- http://www.volkzbitz.com/

He is the man, if you have a German Solex carb and want it to be gone through the right way... rebush throttle shaft with brass bushings, media blast, replate steel parts. its pretty cheap too and turn around is a few weeks or less. I wouldn't just buy a rebuilt kit because that doesn't really do it, IMO. you send it to him and it will be good as new, literally mine looked better than brand new and when I sent it to him it was covered in a layer of crud.

I did this on my 1967 original carb about a year ago and my car had never run as good as it did after that... if your carb is worn out it can cause overheating and other issues.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: