Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1949 Hebmüller - taken 88-89 Michigan
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: 1949 Hebmüller - taken 88-89 Michigan Reply with quote

Ok, another one to be identified. This time a green heb, seen in 1988 on the Michigan Vintage meeting. Thanks to RoMe for the link to the album. I think this is the same heb with white sides. The man with the cap looks the same but not sure. The heb is not identified yet.
On the back of the pict with green and ivory heb is written MILAN 89 and came from Bob Shail.

Both cars have oval bumpers, both have the same outside and inside mirrors. Not trim on the engine cover.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks for all the help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

Did you seen the end of this thread ??

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634843

http://www.VintageVolkswagenModels.com

Collector of Vintage VW Toys

BoB's Restor-Version Shop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes bob, but now I found the other picts. Stil no clue on what car it is and I still have not find the owner. All help is welcome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: 1949 Hebmüller - taken 88-89 Michigan Reply with quote

peter schepens wrote:

Craig Elam is the owner, on the left, on the right is former MVVWC Pres Al Bulgrin. I will try to dig up contact info for Craig. I saw him a few weeks ago at a show with his Split.

This is his Split at a show last year.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Toolbox . Much apreciated. I have only these picts of the car and no info at all.
Looking forward for info Smile
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happened to see Craig at an Orphan Car show this weekend and asked if he had info on his Heb. He has some pictures of the data plates he will dig up and hopefully add to this thread. He sold it to someone in Arizona who he said used to own an aircooled parts house.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
difrent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Craig's Heb Reply with quote

I bought the car from Bob (?) Hall in St. Augustine FLA, in 1977. I sold it to Steve Nowak of Rock Mountain Motorworks (didn't know him, or that he had that place), around 1989, since I moved in 1990, and didn't have it for that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Toolbox and Difrent.
So this is historic in the past:
Difrent bought the car from Bob Hall in Fla in 77, sold it to Steve Nowak from Rocky montain motorwork in 89 ? Is this correct? At some point Craig bought it in 89... and still have it?
Now it is time that Craig reply here Wink
Thanks folks...
difrent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Craig's Heb Reply with quote

"difrent'' is Craig Elam
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Craig's Heb Reply with quote

difrent wrote:
"difrent'' is Craig Elam

Oops, Sorry but did not noticed it Thanks for hooking up here. Any chances you can dig up more picts?
Peter
difrent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, anyone know where it is now?
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

difrent wrote:
By the way, anyone know where it is now?

I have no clue... Want to find out for the registry and history of the car. If someone knows, please reply . Thanks
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 Hebmüller - taken 88-89 Michigan Reply with quote

Any chance that Craig ' difrent' could dig up some extra info on his former heb.. like a bunch of picts?
Thanks Craig Wink
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 Hebmüller - taken 88-89 Michigan Reply with quote

Here are some shots from my album. I drove to the Michigan Vintage VW Club 9th annual meet in Auburn Hills, Michigan in May 1996, though my reason was to participate in the Gene Berg Memorial Cruise. That was organized as a tribute to Gene, who had passed in late 1995. The event was held right at VW of America's corporate headquarters parking lot.

Craig- although I never met you at that meet, my car was also on the show field- a cream '64 Ghia Cabrio with a tan top and Porsche 914 steel sport wheels. In the next several years I'd return to that event 7 more times, often in a convoy with the Der Kaefer Fahrer club.

How many miles did you put on the Heb in the many years you owned it?

peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: 1949 Hebmüller - taken 88-89 Michigan Reply with quote

Heb heb houray for Rome.. Another step forward in identification of that unknown Heb. Now if only Craig could come up with some info. It is at least a later mpdel heb with straight top firewall..

Thanks Rome.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 Hebmüller - taken 88-89 Michigan Reply with quote

Glad to help!

Did you notice that the clock has not moved in those 7-8 years? Still displayed 5:12 when I photo'd it! Wink
kdf38
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 Hebmüller - taken 88-89 Michigan Reply with quote

Is that something painted on the firewall?

Face / dragon ?

Mike
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: 1949 Hebmüller - taken 88-89 Michigan Reply with quote

When I enlarged my original scan of the photo, the image is a small caricature of a VW engine. Perspective is standing from behind the left side of the engine looking down. Looks too detailed to be painted on; most likely a decal. The coil with bracket, pulleys, distributor and header with stinger or single glasspack muffler are visible, also the left end of a stock single-port intake manifold as well as the two left spark plug air seals. What seems to be a green bird or parrot (orange beak; head looking to the left) "embracing" the engine from the back. Its left "arm" is reaching around the right side of the engine shroud, with a hand holding onto the oil filler area (?!). I've never seen such an image despite reading HotVWs since the late 1960's. Maybe we'd learn more If Craig ("difrent") ever reads this and cares to respond.

I'll try to zoom, crop and sharpen the image and post it here later but it'll be very grainy.

Here it is:
banana split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: 1949 Hebmüller - taken 88-89 Michigan Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
When I enlarged my original scan of the photo, the image is a small caricature of a VW engine. Perspective is standing from behind the left side of the engine looking down. Looks too detailed to be painted on; most likely a decal. The coil with bracket, pulleys, distributor and header with stinger or single glasspack muffler are visible, also the left end of a stock single-port intake manifold as well as the two left spark plug air seals. What seems to be a green bird or parrot (orange beak; head looking to the left) "embracing" the engine from the back. Its left "arm" is reaching around the right side of the engine shroud, with a hand holding onto the oil filler area (?!). I've never seen such an image despite reading HotVWs since the late 1960's. Maybe we'd learn more If Craig ("difrent") ever reads this and cares to respond.

I'll try to zoom, crop and sharpen the image and post it here later but it'll be very grainy.

Here it is:

It's a Revmaster decal :

1964 Chop Top
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: 1949 Hebmüller - taken 88-89 Michigan Reply with quote

Thanks. another detail solved Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: