Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What beer are you drinking
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Interesting and yummy!
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Wow, I got to look for that.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

ummmm... no. Spruce tips don't seem to make things better.

VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Been working through a Magic Hat seasonal pack..
All pretty good. .. and reasonably priced.

The company standard #9 NSQ Pale Ale
Demo Black IPA
Fat Angel Paler Ale
Winter Mingle.. (a nice Vanilla Stout)

I've been craving my go locals from Highland Brewing.. but at $17 a 12 pack locally.. I will look for other options..
I've even noticed those not leaving the shelves as fast due to the recent inflated price..
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Sort of surprisingly, I liked this beer very much. I figured it would be ruined by the inclusion of juniper berries.

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

This one's pretty damn tasty, too.

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

And, though I am generally not a fan of their beer offerings, this one from New Belgium is very nice.

VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

^ Ha... I picked that up ..but set i back down in lieu of a Sierra Nevada 4 way IPA 12 pack..... working on it a little today.. Wink .. The Peach was a nice surprise.. and the German is .... is right on.. . .. Black and Torpedo I've had.. so know what to expect..

Not a fan of New Belgium .. but will drink it.. .. Ill try their Voodoo doll out..

A few weeks ago.. I picked up the Terrapin IPA Survival Kit... .very good..
And some.. Two Hearted... 4 - pint... always a winner.

A friend of mine gave me one of the BIG Lagunitas "Hop Stooped" right when we had a snow storm... ..... holy crap of ice cold. (literally placed in the snow) awesomeness..

Back to painting the Kitchen... Mad
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Hop Stoopid is an excellent beer. Lagunitas has a good selection. I really like the Little sumpin' sumpin' on a hot summer day.

...and the little sumpin extra!

VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

I have to agree.. both good stuff.

Haven't had anything bad Lagunita's

I finally found the "Sucks"... but still not been fast enough to find. the Shugga. ..or we just dont get. it..
The Hop Stupid.. is usually sold out by the time Im off work.. and only in the BIG boy round here.

How's the Aunt Sally??

I cant find varieties of Lagunita's easily.

If you ever get a chance pick up Victory's Dirt Wolf Double Ipa.. highly recommended.. We have it locally on draft..

Usually and often edited
jgerock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

I like to sample various things

The Racer 5 is one of my favorites

Port City brewery is about 3 miles from my house. Excellent stuff.

VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

jgerock wrote:
I like to sample various things]

Well. welcome to the club.... Laughing... so to speak..

Not much I wont try.. and dig a variety..

Usually and often edited
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
jgerock wrote:

Same here. Except for white IPA's and (almost) anything with fruit in it.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
I have to agree.. both good stuff.

Haven't had anything bad Lagunita's

I finally found the "Sucks"... but still not been fast enough to find. the Shugga. ..or we just dont get. it..
The Hop Stupid.. is usually sold out by the time Im off work.. and only in the BIG boy round here.

How's the Aunt Sally??

I cant find varieties of Lagunita's easily.

If you ever get a chance pick up Victory's Dirt Wolf Double Ipa.. highly recommended.. We have it locally on draft..

Hard to find much selection of theirs around here for some reason. I have been in C-stores in tiny Montana towns that have a better Lagunita's selection than my small town of craft beer snobs. Have not yet had the Shugga either.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Holy mother of begeebus!

Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
jgerock wrote:

Same here. Except for white IPA's and (almost) anything with fruit in it.

That reminds me of the old Miller commercials with Burt Reynolds and Oscar De La Hoya with the "man laws" book. One of the key entries into the book was "don't fruit the beer." I hate ordering a beer and getting a damn fender wedged into it.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

^ Does that include lime??

I dont mind a lighter beer with a Lime.. and.. no .. not Corona Laughing

I swear.. Corona is one of the only beers I opened up ... and literally thought a skunk was near by..
As a last resort maybe.... or.. if its real cheap bucket during a Meximeal.
Laughing

cdennisg wrote:
Holy mother of begeebus!]

I have at Narwhal stored away for a cold winters night.. in case I cant find more..

I have yet to pick up...find the big bomber Narwhal . I hear.. its even better..

I was told.. Sierra Nevada here in Fletcher/Mills Spring NC has the bombers (plus) has it on tap.. Shocked
Dancing

Hopefully will go someday.. I pass it often.. just dont have time.

Usually and often edited

Last edited by VOLKSWAGNUT on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

I have two bombers of Barrel-aged Narwhal in the root cellar. I was just glad to buy the smaller bottles so I could enjoy one by myself. Those big bottles need to be shared, with someone who likes that type of beer, and also has no plans to do anything else for a couple of hours. Laughing
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

ATTENTION NC SIERRA NEVADA BEER RECALL ALERT

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2017/.../96936392/

Sierra Nevada Brewing said Sunday it has issued a recall in the Midwest, South and East Coast of some of its bottled beer after detecting a flaw that could allow glass to break and fall inside.

The recall applies to certain varieties of beer in 12-ounce bottles produced at Sierra Nevada's brewery in Mills River, N.C., the brewer said on its website.

"While we believe this concern impacts roughly one in every 10,000 (0.01%) of our bottles packaged during this time, Sierra Nevada has set the standard for quality in the craft brewing industry since 1980 and we have decided to take this precaution to ensure the safety of our consumers," the statement said.

Sierra Nevada says the glass shard could break loose and fall into the bottle. It says it has not received any customer complaints or reports of injuries from the flaw.

The recall applies to Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale and several other varieties. All of the beer was bottled at the North Carolina facility between Dec. 5 and Jan. 8, in the case of the Pale Ale, and Dec. 5 to Jan. 13 for the others.

States included in the recall are Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, Wisconsin, West Virginia and the District of Columbia.

Beer bottled at Sierra Nevada's Chico, Calif., brewery is unaffected by the recall.

www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/01/23/Sierra-Nevada-B...&gl=us

We have announced a voluntary recall of select 12-ounce bottles that may contain a small glass packaging flaw," the company said in a press release. "This recall comes after quality inspections at our Mills River, North Carolina, brewery detected a very limited number of bottles with a flaw that may result in loss of carbonation and a small piece of glass to break off and possibly fall into the bottle, causing a risk for injury."

Aside from the Pale Ale, the recall includes Torpedo Extra IPA, Tropical Torpedo, Sidecar Orange Pale Ale, Beer Camp Golden IPA, Otra Vez, Nooner and Hop Hunter IPA 12-ounce bottles in 6-, 12- and 24-packs.

The company said they think the flaw will only occur in about 1 in every 10,000 bottles but wanted to take a precaution and prevent injuries from happening.

Sierra Nevada is recalling beer bottled between Dec. 5 and Jan. 8 for the Pale Ale and between Dec. 5 and Jan. 13 for the other types, all of which was bottled in North Carolina. Beer bottled there can be denoted on either the bottle or on the outside of 12-packs and 24-packs, which have an "M" next to the packaging date, instead of a "C."

The recall affects beer sent to 36 states in Midwest, South and East coast: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Hapshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, Wisconsin, West Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Usually and often edited
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Page 134 of 161

Jump to: