Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rickles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

^^^

Thanks for your time to maintain the Registry.

1967 VW Beetle - Savannah Beige Very Happy
2002 VW GTi - Reflex Silver (Sold) Sad
1966 VW Beetle - Bahama Blue (Sold) Sad
1961 Porsche 356B Roadster - Signal Red (Sold) Brick wall
1966 VW Beetle - Sea Sand (Sold) Sad
South Jersey Volkswagen Club
Central Jersey Volkswagen Society
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
compdrag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Rickles wrote:
^^^

Thanks for your time to maintain the Registry.

Thanks, again I apologize to you for slacking on it I'll make sure I hit it at least once a month. If I get a bunch I'll update it more.

Again thanks everyone for the patience.
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

'67 Beetle / 117426534
Picked up this mostly original Ruby Red hard top back in February. Originally bought in the South Bay, lived much of its recent life in the So. CA desert. 0 rust.

One repaint factory color(faded and has a few spots of cracking) color, never been hit, original engine/trans,carb, CA emissions "thing", side/back glass, bumpers, spare, sapphire V radio, and trim.

Not original steering wheel, ext mirrors, door edge trim, front glass, '68/'69 front seats(have since replaced with correct '67's), rear seat upholstery, replacement(TMI?) door/ 1/4 panel cards, seat belts (I think) and possibly incorrect air cleaner top(never seen a fitting on one). Brazilian fuel pump. Maybe a few other things I'm forgetting.

Missing original hubcaps(original owners son sold them at a garage sale!) and engine compartment needs much attention.

Please comment on missing/incorrect aspects of this car, as I'd like to make it as correct as possible.

Pics on Fliker
https://www.flickr.com/photos/50514559@N05/albums/72157664450079650

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

SWharris-

It looks like someone did an engine swap and shoved a 68-69 H5 block engine in it. By looking at the throttle positioner (67 bugs didn't have them) and air cleaner that's for a 68, I bet it's a 68 engine. The 67 bug generators also had plug in style wires not the male studs. The distributor has the tall cap on it so I'm guessing it's a 113905205T distributor which is also 68-69.

Both front and rear bumpers are the cheap, Brazilian ones with the plastic grommets between the towel bar pieces at the joints.

Those were the big things that jumped out giving it just a quick look. The most important thing is it's straight and rust free! You can track down all the other 67 only pieces with ease to put her back to purist stock if you want.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Bill, thanks for the heads up on the motor swap and bumpers. Shows what I know about originality I guess...lol. Is there a list of correct motor numbers or correct '67 motors here on TS? I mostly have pre '68 busses, so my beetle knowledge is not so strong. I'm kicking myself now for selling my original beetle bumpers I had laying around here for years. "I'll never use these" I thought and sold them at a swap awhile back. Never sell a thing, I should know better. Haha.

Just noticed my production number 426534 is very late December '67. Could this be and early '68 motor in a late '67 car? Did they do that?

Last edited by swharris on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

swharris wrote:
Bill, thanks for the heads up on the motor swap and bumpers. Shows what I know about originality I guess...lol. Is there a list of correct motor numbers or correct '67 motors here on TS? I mostly have pre '68 busses, so my beetle knowledge is not so strong. I'm kicking myself now for selling my original beetle bumpers I had laying around here for years. "I'll never use these" I thought and sold them at a swap awhile back. Never sell a thing, I should know better. Haha.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187814

This thread ^^ will answer ALL your questions in regards to 67 bugs! Very Happy

This is someone else's VERY accurate 67 bug engine for reference.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

swharris wrote:
Just noticed my production number 426534 is very late December '67. Could this be and early '68 motor in a late '67 car? Did they do that?
No. December is hardly late, production went to late July, and all '67s had H code engines. The engine should of been made around the same time as the car.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Rickles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

According to The Samba Engine Codes, https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/engine_letters.php, an H5 is a 68-69 1500 44bhp DIN, 53HP SAE M157 USA/Canada engine.

1967 VW Beetle - Savannah Beige Very Happy
2002 VW GTi - Reflex Silver (Sold) Sad
1966 VW Beetle - Bahama Blue (Sold) Sad
1961 Porsche 356B Roadster - Signal Red (Sold) Brick wall
1966 VW Beetle - Sea Sand (Sold) Sad
South Jersey Volkswagen Club
Central Jersey Volkswagen Society
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Thanks Bill! Smile
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
swharris wrote:
No. December is hardly late, production went to late July, and all '67s had H code engines. The engine should of been made around the same time as the car.

Ok. I was reading page 4 or so of this thread and the production list there stopped in Dec. That one is not correct, obviously. Thanks for the info.
Stauffenberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Forgot to add mine when I bought it a few months ago.
Was crushed some in the front and had a lot of parts swapped out when I got it so its going the baja route
Here it is when I moved its been in the garage ever sense being built

compdrag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Thanks to the newest members:
Tiggerwolf
Swharris
Staffenberg
Updated:
N/A

Thanks for keeping the registry alive!
Cool
aircooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

The picture of the 67 engine is mine. Here is a picture of the rest of the car. It was born in Aug 1966.

Member of 67 Posse
Omaha Volkswagen Club
Neb VVWCA Chapter Rep
Volkswagen Club of Nebraska
Dean1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Your '67 should have a "H0" case. However, your air cleaner is correct.
aircooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

It has the original HO case number matching to the car per the birth cert.

Member of 67 Posse
Omaha Volkswagen Club
Neb VVWCA Chapter Rep
Volkswagen Club of Nebraska
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Dean1 wrote:
Your '67 should have a "H0" case. However, your air cleaner is correct.

Thanks!
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

aircooled wrote:
The picture of the 67 engine is mine. Here is a picture of the rest of the car. It was born in Aug 1966.

Beautiful! Thanks for the reference pic. Any more?
Mr. Mike Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Are you the owner of VW 117839609? I did not find you on the registry. I have some paperwork to send you.

I've come across some boxes of parts and amongst them was this dealers booklet. The booklet originated in Pennsylvania, but the used car documentation is form Seattle for a 1967 VW Beetle.

If this is your car, send me a PM and I'll get this to you.

Cheers!
Mike

Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Nice!! Handbook coming home after 47 years!
bill may
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

aircooled wrote:

nice vw convert . bill may is my name.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Jump to:
Page 64 of 81

Jump to: