Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Bug Movie documentary
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

I hate to think they have run out of money (including what they raised through crowdfunding via Kickstarter). That would mean people who paid into this project early on are out their money AND the movie.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

Update received on Thursday, November 3:

1. The movie is finished.
2. Backer rewards are to be distributed by the end of the year.
3. A company has been contracted to distribute the movie world-wide.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
bladerunner80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

I just saw a note on facebook, pre-sales are open and the movie will be out in the very near future (no specific date given).
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

I'm down for a copy no doubt
bladerunner80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

Yeah, if its anything like their previous film, the bus movie, it should be a great watch!
Denny88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

now it says it's available for pre-order. would also love to put my hands on the copy, looks promising
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

Direct link to pre-order: http://chassymedia.com/product/the-bug/
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

Ordered mine this morning. Laughing
Dangermouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

Maybe somebody who knows about these things can clarify for me - the DVD is likely to be formatted for NTSC and be unplayable outside the US? Ditto the Blu-ray option will be Region A/1? Is there such a thing as a region-free Blu-ray disk? I could opt for the digital download but sometimes you just want the physical disk, right? I should probably just ask the Chassy Media folks... There's no region related info on their pre-order page that I can see but they'd be crazy to limit this to the US...
Dangermouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

Chassy Media quickly got back to me and confirmed that both DVD and Blu-ray versions will be available region free. Preorder placed Cool
l8sho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

Chassy Media told me yesterday that The Bug Movie will ship on 12/13/2016. I have ordered it, of course. I just watched their film The 24 Hour War this evening. Its about Ford's fight to win Le Mans. If The Bug Movie is just half as good, it will be absolutely Great!! Get your order in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

More good news: Kickstarter is contacting Bug Movie crowdfunders for their mailing addresses.

Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

Ordered my copy!
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
*Darren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

79SuperVert wrote:
More good news: Kickstarter is contacting Bug Movie crowdfunders for their mailing addresses.

Thank you for the heads up. Just filled out my survey. Possibly in time for Christmas? What a way to spend the day - opening presents and watching a movie about VWs!
kirk1015
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

Saw the documentary last night. I was able to download it
onto my computer.

I have to say I totally enjoyed it. The story about the lady who's husband
passed away before being able to finish his restoration was great but
sad at the same time. The drone shots combined with the music and not
to mentions the car was excellent. GREAT WORK!!!
It also made me MORE aware/reminded that these cars are slowly
starting to disappear. Either because of neglect or time just catching up
to them. As it does all of us.
One other thing that was said in the film is that these car teach
you patience. They do indeed, as I have learned recently while changing
my gas tank.

The one thing that was said in the movie and that I tell anyone
who asked "What is it about that car" I tell them. This car was born at a
rather horrific period in the world.
It made it through WW2 and then was forgotten and dismissed.
Somehow, this little car became ONE of the symbols of a generation
and ONE of the most recognizable cars in the world. It still is 70+ years later.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

I was thinking about that last point myself today as I was driving it. You have to get up close to modern day VW's to find the badge so you can be sure it's not something else...but an old Beetle is instantly identifiable the moment it comes into view.

KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

79SuperVert wrote:
...but an old Beetle is instantly identifiable the moment it comes into view.

Or before, if you are approaching from the rear, by the trail of oil drippings...
Wink
kirk1015
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

79SuperVert wrote:
I was thinking about that last point myself today as I was driving it. You have to get up close to modern day VW's to find the badge so you can be sure it's not something else...but an old Beetle is instantly identifiable the moment it comes into view.

Last year I drove my Super Beetle to work in Freehold. I stopped at
WAWA to get some coffee and lunch. One of my co-workers was there
at the same time. When I got out of the car, he came up to me and said
"I heard it, before I saw it. Then you went past me and I could smell it". I still laugh at that. Heaven forbid a modern
un-molested car sounded like that from factory.

The car touches the five senses.
SIGHT, SOUND, TOUCH, SMELL, and on rare occasions, when doing something
stupid like blowing out the fuel filter with you mouth Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes , TASTE
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

Got my copy in the mail today and immediately sat down to watch it.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.....I feel incredibly lucky to own one of these cars and to be part of this community.

Even though it's freezing outside, I'm going for a drive. Very Happy
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Bug Movie documentary Reply with quote

Got an email from Chassy: It's in the mail.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: