Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Arm rest bracket dimension
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Arm rest bracket dimension Reply with quote

Guys, I have to make new brackets for arm rests and I need some help. Can someone measure for me the dimension shown on below picture (x):

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is dimension between embossment in door frame and front face of bracket. I also need information about thickness of the bracket.
GregK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Arm rest bracket dimension Reply with quote

I will be grateful if someone help me with these dimensions. It's urgent issue.
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Arm rest bracket dimension Reply with quote

Not exactly what you're asking, but its too damn cold out to go and measure again! The gap between the INNER, flat edge of the bracket (red) and the door panel in 1 cm (3/8 inch). That bracket that is spotted welded onto the door bar is made of 14 gauge steel, and is almost 2" long and 1 and 5/8" wide before the corners are bevelled off. It doesn't necessarily have to be spot-welded .. it could be screwed on ...maybe even pop-rivetted. I know ALL this info is ABSOLUTELY accurate, because I measured on a Bahama Blue beetle, just like the one in the your photo!! LOL
GregK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Arm rest bracket dimension Reply with quote

Thank you very much.
I'm planning to make the bracket from scratch, that's why I needed all these dimensions. Thanks a lot once again Smile
ronbodden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Arm rest bracket dimension Reply with quote

Greg K:

How'd that work out for you? I am looking at the same project for my "66 Bug driver's side door.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: