Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Window alignment problem on 56 vert
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Schaefer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Window alignment problem on 56 vert Reply with quote

Hello , I recently purchased a 56 vert and have an issue with boith door windows hitting the lock mechanism when being rolled down. I have taken both doors apart and tryed to adjust the rear track guide but it does not seem to help. The guide is a small piece of angle and only holds the window away from the outer door not the inner door. I know this should be simple but wondering if there is something I am missing. It is odd that the doors both have the same problem. Thanks and any input would be appreciated.
Lars B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Window alignment problem on 56 vert Reply with quote

Do you have this two brass guides?
They should run on the angle part in the door.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joe Schaefer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Window alignment problem on 56 vert Reply with quote

Thank you so much. That is exactly what is missing on this car. The window frames were refinished and apparently the brass guides were omitted. I sat and looked at this for quite some time and thought something was missing and you pictures solved the mystery . The car I have is a very nice car but there are many things that I need to correct as I get into it. Happy New Year
Lars B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Window alignment problem on 56 vert Reply with quote

No problems, Hope i find mine when i get them back from the chromer Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: