Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Factory Karmann ??
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GHIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Factory Karmann ?? Reply with quote

I found this picture on the web, which seems to indicate that it is the factory Karmann, after the war.

It seems to me, the Karmann bodys typ 14 under the arrow
Do you know this photo?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Factory Karmann ?? Reply with quote

From the lay-out of the surrounding roads it does seem to be the Karmann Factory.

This is the modern factory site...if you look at the top, centre of the new site you can still see part of the old buildings.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bhartwell59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Factory Karmann ?? Reply with quote

GHIA wrote:
I found this picture on the web, which seems to indicate that it is the factory Karmann, after the war.

Do you know this photo?

Wow... that's some serious sleuthing there. How did you come across this pic?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
technik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Factory Karmann ?? Reply with quote

love this pic

GHIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Factory Karmann ?? Reply with quote

bhartwell59 wrote:
GHIA wrote:

Do you know this photo?

Wow... that's some serious sleuthing there. How did you come across this pic?

I found this image on the web by accident.
This website shows the bunkers built during the second world war on Osnabruck. It would seem that the Karmann factory had bunkers to protect itself from the bombardments.

No information on the year of the photo, but it would seem between 1955 and 1965, I tink

There is another picture, showing the demolition of some building between 1993 and 1994, for the construction of the new factory Karmann
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Factory Karmann ?? Reply with quote

maybe i can ask an men in osnabrück, sjow him this pic and perhaps he can give some answers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Factory Karmann ?? Reply with quote

http://www.luftschutzbunker-osnabrueck.de/bu_sites/karmann.html

you are right. the pic shows the old karmann factory. the arrow shows the area where was the "Werkluftschutzbunker Werksgelände Karmann Osnabrück"

bunker for the compay. look the link. there are some more pics. under the first pic is the followking information (translate with google)

Under this post-war building was the end of 1993 to early 1994 demolished protection air bunkers (flat bunkers) of the old Karmannwerkes in the desert.

Three photographs of the Karmann site dating back to 1990. The bunker is clearly visible on two of them. In recording 3 it is directly behind the recognizable building wagon

regards, udo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GHIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Factory Karmann ?? Reply with quote

Yes Udo pictures come from this website
There is another picture during the 2nd world war of the karmann factory. But before the construction of the typ 14.

I will be interested to know the date of the picture that I posted at the beginning of the topic.
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Factory Karmann ?? Reply with quote

GHIA wrote:
There is another picture during the 2nd world war of the karmann factory. But before the construction of the typ 14.

I will be interested to know the date of the picture that I posted at the beginning of the topic.

you have contact the luftschutzbunker-website-owner?
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Factory Karmann ?? Reply with quote

udo dreisoerner wrote:
GHIA wrote:

you have contact the luftschutzbunker-website-owner?

i wrote them Smile
GHIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Factory Karmann ?? Reply with quote

Thanks Udo Very Happy
My German is totally null Rolling Eyes
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Factory Karmann ?? Reply with quote

I've been there 3 or 4 times to tour the Osnabrueck factory and tour their private collection of prototypes and landmark Karmann products during the 1990's. We even had lunch in there during our visit on the DKF Return to the Fatherland Tour in 1999. Cool old photos, but I can't tell where the WW2 "bunkers" are. Guess I don't know what a bunker looks like from the air. Can anyone point arrows to the bunkers in the old photos?

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: