Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

what radio? SB 1979 cabrio
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: what radio? SB 1979 cabrio Reply with quote

Question: The space for my radio has been cut to the modern size, but I inherited a radio cassette with the car, a Blaupunkt Boston, not fitted. The car was bought from a garage and they didn't trell me much. Car is 1979 1303 cabrio SB 1600FI.

The radio has a handle that pops out which makes it seem as though it would have been removable, As it is a 'vert this might have been sensible.

Anyone got any ideas if this might be the original radio? It is quite small and would need some kind of brace to fit back in the hole.

Thanks
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: what radio? SB 1979 cabrio Reply with quote

garyt wrote:
Anyone got any ideas if this might be the original radio? It is quite small and would need some kind of brace to fit back in the hole.

Thanks

Most radios were dealer installed so you can't tell what was there originally.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: what radio? SB 1979 cabrio Reply with quote

I'm curious garyt, where is Burgundy?
Mudpump
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: what radio? SB 1979 cabrio Reply with quote

Dwayne1m wrote:

France. But he has such good English writing skills, maybe he just drinks a lot of it
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: what radio? SB 1979 cabrio Reply with quote

Mudpump wrote:
Dwayne1m wrote:

France. But he has such good English writing skills, maybe he just drinks a lot of it

That thought did cross my mind, Laughing , or Burgundy is the color of his car. d'oh!
garyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: what radio? SB 1979 cabrio Reply with quote

LOL, Well actually I'm english and live in France, in Burgundy (Borgogne).

Would be nice to look out for a correctish radio for it.
DanPorges
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: what radio? SB 1979 cabrio Reply with quote

I have a stock radio, the latest version of the Motorola Saphire AM/FM units sitting in my garage that i took out of my 77 Convertible and I would be happy to trade it for a couple of bottles of wine if you are interested?
garyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: what radio? SB 1979 cabrio Reply with quote

Hey many thanks for the info, I will look out for one (I like hunting around the flea markets for that kind of thing). Sorry for late reply.

Re the wine. Well here it is very good wine but sending it would be a problem LOL. I do miss english beer though, but the wine makes up for it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: