Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone deal with dustys cars experiences?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hotmtl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Anyone deal with dustys cars experiences? Reply with quote

Hi been watching a listing on eBay of a 72 gold 911 car looks ok but I noticed this company has some bad reviews out there.I noticed the undercarriage is very detailed or should I say pressure washed and black undercoating applyed in all the right spots wink wink... major rust bubbles in passenger door jacking points look funky no mention of rust in the ad... any help would be appreciated thanks in advance
jt912
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone deal with dustys cars experiences? Reply with quote

I think you answered your own question..wink wink.
Hotmtl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone deal with dustys cars experiences? Reply with quote

Thanks everyone in the samba community for all the pm's lots of info... pretty scary Rolling Eyes
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone deal with dustys cars experiences? Reply with quote

Hotmtl wrote:
Thanks everyone in the samba community for all the pm's lots of info... pretty scary Rolling Eyes

Hey.....all of you people PM'ing.....when there is an open thread with a question regarding a vendor.....either post your posts in the thread.....or post them to the feedback column.

This thread helped no one.....because you obviously answered in private. Now....other people who may be wondering the same thing in the future.....learn nothing from this thread.

It seems that far too many people in the Porsche forums are just treating this like their own private buy/sell info bulletin board.

Imagine if a lot of other people who put in good information so that the COMMUNITY at large can learn as much as possible.....decided to sit back and keep information just among ourselves. Rolling Eyes Wink
Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone deal with dustys cars experiences? Reply with quote

I agree the information should be posted to warn others.

For what it's worth, I have seen this A LOT with Porsche people.
They won't post anything in public but will gladly tell you someone is a crook and provide the details in private.
This is helpful (sometimes) but not as much as a public posting.

They also walk away from losing money and do nothing about it.
I bought this car and the seller lied about pretty much everything about it, sometimes even from a supposedly reputable and known Porsche business?
"Oh well, I guess I learned my lesson."
I wish I was joking.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone deal with dustys cars experiences? Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I agree the information should be posted to warn others.

For what it's worth, I have seen this A LOT with Porsche people.
They won't post anything in public but will gladly tell you someone is a crook and provide the details in private.
This is helpful (sometimes) but not as much as a public posting.

They also walk away from losing money and do nothing about it.
I bought this car and the seller lied about pretty much everything about it, sometimes even from a supposedly reputable and known Porsche business?
"Oh well, I guess I learned my lesson."
I wish I was joking.

X2....and I have ranted about a bit of this before in this very forum. Far too many people's sole posting history is simply about "what is this worth" and "resale value". Far too many acting like a pack of car flippers.

I know I am being a bit harsh.....but even for the most part....a lot of people here ask a technical question....several of us go through the work of including well thought out answers....and never hear a peep back from the OP. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: