Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

type 4 'W' 1700 engine fuel injection
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazlov
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: type 4 'W' 1700 engine fuel injection Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm looking for someone that has engine 1.7 with letter 'W' and original D-Jetronic on it.
I have some questions about it and would appreciate some photos of hoses connections and where they go Smile
Anyone?

vw1200 '58 :: 23.06.1958
vw t2 ambulance '73 :: 12.12.1972
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: type 4 'W' 1700 engine fuel injection Reply with quote

Blazlov wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking for someone that has engine 1.7 with letter 'W' and original D-Jetronic on it.
I have some questions about it and would appreciate some photos of hoses connections and where they go Smile
Anyone?

Hello! Welcome! As far as D-jet goes.......there is no appreciable difference between the main systems except in cases of early system with full throttle vacuum switch, automatic versions that used the throttle dash pot and/or electric deceleration valve.

I have owned or worked on all of them. Just ask for what you are looking for.

The injection variations were not just installed as per the engine prefix letter code. Any particular letter...W, EA, EB etc......could have had any of the ancillary equipment depending upon what country or region it was destined for.

A good example of this....is that virtually all lf the texts list the EB code as California only.....and in reality I have found that to be incorrect. I have found numerous cars with original engines in them that have EB code cases and none of the California variations and no listing of California emmisions. The reality is that probably any car actually slated to be shipped with CA emissions and built specifically for it....used and EB case....however that did not mean that an EB case may not be used somewhere else.

Let us know what parts your engine has and especially post the part number of your MPS and the part number of the ECU and what country you are in. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blazlov
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: type 4 'W' 1700 engine fuel injection Reply with quote

Hi, thank you for your reply. The story with this engine is that the guy from whom I bought it from used it in his bay window westfalia but he took down the FI and put dellorto 36 on it. And run like this. I bought it from him with FI parts, from what I checked and read about djet I have all the equipment that I need and that came from the factory with this engine– except the rubber parts. I will also put this engine in to bay window bus. Engine probably came from Germany, I live in Poland and back in the 60/70s VW cars where not common view on the streets Smile

My engine number is W 000259 – so it’s the one from the beginning of the production.
ECU part number is 022 906 021 A (0 280 00 013)

Below the info I need right now.

What I’m looking for is information about connection of hoses that goes from intake – some are obvious, but some not, for example where do I connect servo line ? I found some info about djet in 1.7 – mainly in Porsche set – but no schema that would clear my mind, also ersatzteilen catalogue for 411/412 that is available on Volkswagen classic parts website wasn’t helpful.

Another question about distributor. I have correct one 022 905 205 H (0 231 163 011) but with wrong vacuum, that is also broken Razz From what I found out there is no replacement for it and I need specific 022905271B (1 237 121 407) – is this true ?

II would like to rebuild wire harness but from what I know, wire connectors that are used in main ECU plug are no longer manufactured by bosch – since 2014 – but maybe there is another source ?

Regards Blazej

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: type 4 'W' 1700 engine fuel injection Reply with quote

I am out of town right now so I will get a fdw details and then get you started. By early next week...if someone does not do ot before me.....I can post the vacuum and component diagram to tell you what all it was supposed to have, where it goes and what hose connections. There are several distributors you can use. The differences are in the advance curve. When I get back i can list the differences.

You can adjust around the differences generally.

Bosch did not make the connectors for the wire harness. They assembled the harness. The connectors were made by AMP....which is part of Tyco/Amp now. They still have some of tye ECU end connectora in stock or we can show you how to snip of the ECU end connectors and reuse them. As long as they are not corroded they generally,work well.

The female end connectors are still available on line.....and are used in numerous other cars. I will drop in a link later.

You have servo brakes? Very cool. I have that in my hooks and when Lars and Hulken chime in I would be we can help you.

Do you have a manual transmission? That makes it simpler and also makes tuning around distributor differences easier. Rwy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lars S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: type 4 'W' 1700 engine fuel injection Reply with quote

Oh Blazlov, thats a wery early W engine, it should be out of a '70!
I will try to answer the servo question.

1. The servo hose should be connected to one of the larger (12mm?) connections at the plenum. There should be a check valve in that hose.

2. The other larger connection at the plenum is for the AAR (auxilary air regulator).

3. At last there could be a need for a third larger connection at the plenum, that is the hose from oil breather. If the breather hose connection points upwards it has a built in valve (PCV) and the hose should go straight to the plenum. If the breather has the outlet to the side (which is more likely since it is an early engine) the hose should go to the air cleaner.

Since your engine is not prepared for servo brakes it might be so that there is one large connection at the plenum missing - you could use a hose splitter, a newer plenum or make another connection.

Since your engine is so early i dont think that there are any hose connections at the heads, on top close to the valve covers are there?

Please see the sketch below...the actual location of the connection points at the plenum may vary...dotted line is only if your breather has a built in valve (PCV) if so the hose to the air cleaner is of course not there.

Lars S

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The early W engines large hose routing is a bit different from the late ones since they do not have valve cover venting or a PCV valve.
Suzuki T500, -69, Candy Gold, sold Sad
Suzuki K50, -77, Black, daily driver
BMW R69S -69, White, sold Sad
Husqvarna 118cc, -47, Black, Sold Sad
Blazlov
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: type 4 'W' 1700 engine fuel injection Reply with quote

hi, thank you all for the reply, drawing was helpful, now I know everything to put this all together Smile

Lars S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: type 4 'W' 1700 engine fuel injection Reply with quote

Blazlov wrote:
hi, thank you all for the reply, drawing was helpful, now I know everything to put this all together Smile

You are welcome in the group Blazlov! Just let us now if there is anything else.

Lars
Suzuki T500, -69, Candy Gold, sold Sad
Suzuki K50, -77, Black, daily driver
BMW R69S -69, White, sold Sad
Husqvarna 118cc, -47, Black, Sold Sad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: