Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

correct choke
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgraham602
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: correct choke Reply with quote

is this the correct choke to have running on this carburetor? To me it looks like what would have been underneath the cap on a water choke. I've yet to open it up to see what's inside.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: correct choke Reply with quote

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/category_s/329.htm

Not sure of the details of your bus. I run a Weber 32/36 DFAV (water choke) only my water choke was replaced with an electric choke. I have a 2.0 engine manual trans in a 72 bus. You have the auto choke assy. Not sure how that works. Perhaps for an automatic trans?

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
sgraham602
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: correct choke Reply with quote

Sorry about the lack of details. I have a manual 75 that was converted from fuel injection to this carburetor by the previous owner. Frankly, I don't trust that the previous owner did anything right, so I've been going through piece by piece to make any corrections where they did stuff wrong.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: correct choke Reply with quote

Rebuild it. And buy an electric choke. What model Weber is that?

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
sgraham602
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: correct choke Reply with quote

I think its a Holley 5200? The stamp on the back says R7760. When I searched that everything I could find pointed to it being a Holley.

Looks like the choke on it is a hot air choke thermostat. Not sure why there is a wire going to it though. Not surprised. I found a few 'fake' wires connected to nothing when I bought the thing.

http://quadrajetparts.com/choke-thermostat-holley-weber-2bbl-p-1867.html
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: correct choke Reply with quote

I know nothing about those.

Link

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: correct choke Reply with quote

sgraham602 wrote:
is this the correct choke to have running on this carburetor? To me it looks like what would have been underneath the cap on a water choke. I've yet to open it up to see what's inside.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The wire running into the choke housing pretty much defines it as being an electric choke. There are hundreds of pictures of these units in the Samba gallery and on line. Assuming everything is hooked up and adjusted right the choke butterfly should open fully in about 3-5 minutes after a cold start.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: