Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

rear apron inner part + headlight bucket
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmgreen57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: rear apron inner part + headlight bucket Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm looking after a rear apron, inner part only. My early april 53 oval had his apron cutted to fit later muffler style with double tips.
The car still wears his original factory paint and so I only need the inner part ...
Does it exist repros of these parts ? could someone have this part in original for sale or at least in picture to see how it look like ...?
I'm also after apair of front headlight bucket ( split bug style ) does repros exist ? I need it because unfortunetly the previous owner has cut it to slam the car, so I'm very sad with it Crying or Very sad
thank you for the help Very Happy
I did some research on the forum about this but didin't find any reply.
yan
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: rear apron inner part + headlight bucket Reply with quote

... one of my 1955 bugs has a split right front fender with round horn grill and a while back a guy with a 1950 bug wanted me to sell him the headlight bucket and I would not... can post a picture of it.
Also my other 3/55 has 2 real nice split fenders with round horn grills... when I bought the car, it had correct oval grills, but a round hole underneath... Go figure...I switched to round... here's a pic.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
palmgreen57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: rear apron inner part + headlight bucket Reply with quote

Hi,
ok, well could you post some pictures of your headlight bucket to see how it look like ?
thank you
yan
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: rear apron inner part + headlight bucket Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=448426

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
palmgreen57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: rear apron inner part + headlight bucket Reply with quote

Thanks you for the link
A thing that nobody has mentioned, from what I can see on mine, the early light bucket ( 53 and before) are not welded by point all around the fender lip but welded with 4 cordon 90 degrees spaced, nothing more...
I would to see if someone could confirm it, I mean as my buckets has been cutted I only can see the old marks on these cordons, would like to see an untouched fender to have something to compare Smile
An other thing that I would clarify, does the difference between pre 53 era bucket and later one are just drain hole and dimple or is there a différence also in the bucket design ? That's not easy to juge it on pictures
I'll post pictures of my fenders
Thank for your help
Yan
palmgreen57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: rear apron inner part + headlight bucket Reply with quote

Hi,
Here a fender of a friend of mine who seems to be a 53 : smooth bucket, no dimple, and the 4 welding cordons I told you ( red circle )

palmgreen57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: headlight bucket Reply with quote

Hi,
I'll need a pair of these split-zwitter headlight bucket to finish my 53
nobody has or knows where I could find it ? original part or repro ?
let me know Confused
50Splitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: rear apron inner part + headlight bucket Reply with quote

I could really use a pair of these, too!
palmgreen57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: rear apron inner part + headlight bucket Reply with quote

Hi,
So, have spent time this week end to find some good repro or used fender bucket, I didn't find anything.. Sad
nobody to help me ?
Yan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: