Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A cooler project...
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: A cooler project... Reply with quote

Nice.
I've got the one my dad used to move to Canada from Germany in '56. With only $20 in his pocket.
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: A cooler project... Reply with quote

Dude even a day-glo pink 80's Coleman looks way cooler than your average.. Well... Cooler.
The metal 50's and 60's era coolers look cool but they don't cool your beers very well. Not cool.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: A cooler project... Reply with quote

For Bob:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&a...6187,d.cGc

1000+ images about VINTAGE SUITCASE ADDICTION! on Pinterest ...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: A cooler project... Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
For Bob:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&a...6187,d.cGc

1000+ images about VINTAGE SUITCASE ADDICTION! on Pinterest ...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I was going to say something to the OP but after looking at his first response figured he'd tear my head off too. I'll say it anyway, I've had more than one of these old Coleman coolers and the outside can look fine but the inner plastic liner can become brittle and develop cracks. No way to fix this.
New2me69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: A cooler project... Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
I was going to say something to the OP but after looking at his first response figured he'd tear my head off too. I'll say it anyway, I've had more than one of these old Coleman coolers and the outside can look fine but the inner plastic liner can become brittle and develop cracks. No way to fix this.

Aahhhhh come on......... Cut me some slack Haha

I admitted I misunderstood his comment. My bad.

As to your comment, I do worry about that actually. I've envisioned dropping a bag of ice in it and busting it all to hell in there.

The upper edges do feel dried out a bit but the inside feel pretty good. We'll see though. I have actually found some fixes on line. Hope I don't have to get into it but..............
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: