Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Don't Y'all Love It When....
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holey42001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Don't Y'all Love It When.... Reply with quote

I was in Autozone today buying some penetrating oil for my rear axle nuts on a 73 Bug when all of a sudden the clerk asked, "What are you working on?". I replied, "A 73 bug." At this he said, "Oh how neat! Mine was 60 bug!" By this time I had almost finished checking out when he said, "I highly recommend some fuel injector cleaner and some coolant!" Uhhh what? I'm sure he was just yankin' my crank. Any experiences like this? Ever fallen for one?

Kind regards,

Holey

If it’s not leaking oil, there probably isn’t any left.

1973 Standard Bug
1972 MG Midget
1973 Hilux w/flatbed & crate motor
1989 Aero & Adams FV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't Y'all Love It When.... Reply with quote

Probably learned this from the shop this lady likes:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The fine print says "they replaced my radiator cap, fixed my radiator."

Uh-huh.
Holey42001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't Y'all Love It When.... Reply with quote

Seems like she may have been charged extra for nonexistent part for nonexistent problems!

1973 Standard Bug
1972 MG Midget
1989 Aero & Adams FV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
olspeed
Samba Member

Location: In the shadow of Denali, I still don't give a damn how they do it outside

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't Y'all Love It When.... Reply with quote

before I parked my 66 for the winter I stopped by a O Riley's on the way home for an oil filter and oil for the wife's Cruze, it must have been break time as I was pulling up to the store because the counter people were out side buying food from the local roach coach when I pulled up. As I got out one of the employees came over and told me just how "sick looking" my car was... he meant it in a good way, and that I had come to the right place to get parts for it so I told him that was great and that I really was in need of a lower radiator hose. The roach coach driver about spoiled it because he couldn't control his giggles, he was an older gentleman and came over and told me "nice car". Anyway we all went inside and I gave the guy about 5 minutes of looking for the radiator hose and he finally comes back to me as tells me that he can't find it and he even had his boss try and he couldn't either... by then the coach driver couldn't hold it in any more and told the kid that it was air cooled and he was like "What... What does that mean" so I took him and his boss out to the car and opened the trunk and then the deck lid so they could see the engine was in the back. When we were done they were both saying that the car was like no other VW they had ever seen.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Don't Y'all Love It When.... Reply with quote

Holey42001 wrote:
By this time I had almost finished checking out when he said, "I highly recommend some fuel injector cleaner. Any experiences like this? Ever fallen for one?

I've experienced check out clerks trying to sell me fuel injector cleaner too. I respond: does this really work well for fuel injection systems? And the response is "absolutely". Then I respond that my two VWs and my '88 Mazda truck have carburetors.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Don't Y'all Love It When.... Reply with quote

Not quite so bad, but I gave a kid a "Dustin Hoffman TV ad" moment when he was loading large bags of dog food into my fastback. Two bags in front, then I opened the rear, and before he put the last bag there, he looked me with this pained and confused expression, but said nothing.
Holey42001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't Y'all Love It When.... Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Not quite so bad, but I gave a kid a "Dustin Hoffman TV ad" moment when he was loading large bags of dog food into my fastback. Two bags in front, then I opened the rear, and before he put the last bag there, he looked me with this pained and confused expression, but said nothing.

Aw man. Poor kid Very Happy

1973 Standard Bug
1972 MG Midget
1989 Aero & Adams FV
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't Y'all Love It When.... Reply with quote

I use fuel injector cleaner on carbs .IMHO.no real differance from carb cleaner, as for the raidiator cap...possiably it was the windshield washer pressure cap and they just........
my bug has fuel injection so I gess it works on it too.empi hpmx 44's.plug & paly, no wires required.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: