Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Let's Play, WTF is That!?!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 347, 348, 349 ... 408, 409, 410  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Here is an easy one I saw on Fridays commute.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

51 Ford
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Just like the one in our driveway in the late 1950s!
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
51 Ford

I don't know the difference between a 50 and 51 or even a 52, but that close enough for a winner winner chicken dinner.

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

My family had a 1951 Ford in the 4-door version. Our family of 6 moved from Oregon to Rhode Island in that car pulling a 14' closed U-Haul trailer. All of our worldly possessions were in that trailer, the trunk and a car top carrier. 6 cylinders and 3 speed stick. A very slow trip. In July. No air conditioning of course!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
51 Ford

I don't know the difference between a 50 and 51 or even a 52, but that close enough for a winner winner chicken dinner.

Honestly, I am not sure of the differences in a 50 and 51. I just had a 50/50 guess and went for it! Pretty sure 52 has some more obvious differences, but I could be wrong there, too.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Fish wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
51 Ford

Honestly, I am not sure of the differences in a 50 and 51. I just had a 50/50 guess and went for it! Pretty sure 52 has some more obvious differences, but I could be wrong there, too.

Three year cycle.
1949, '50, and '51 used the same body. '52, '53, and '54 were the next generation.
The car in the picture is a '50.
The most obvious difference between '49 and '50 is the front turn signals and then in '51 the grill changed from one Bullet in the middle to two smaller ones.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Fish wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
51 Ford

Three year cycle.
1949, '50, and '51 used the same body. '52, '53, and '54 were the next generation.
The most obvious difference between '49 and '50 is the front turn signals and then in '51 the grill changed from one Bullet in the middle to two smaller ones.

Good to know, thanks.
OB Bus. Three in the tree?

# 303 and #156

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
iowegian wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Fish wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
51 Ford

Three year cycle.

Good to know, thanks.

Education is good! I knew there were differences, and eras, but I did not know enough of each to make a discerning point, just a guess. Sort of like the differences in Barndoor buses, or 57-58-59 buses, or any other stretch of VW production. Wink
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Fish wrote:
iowegian wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Fish wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
51 Ford

Three year cycle.

Good to know, thanks.

Education is good! I knew there were differences, and eras, but I did not know enough of each to make a discerning point, just a guess. Sort of like the differences in Barndoor buses, or 57-58-59 buses, or any other stretch of VW production. Wink

VWs all look the same to me.
When I was a kid they were just a weird, eccentric novelty. Laughing
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Entered in error

Last edited by Zundfolge1432 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
63Ragtop NZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

I saw one of these the other day in trafffic, never seen one before, pretty rare.

any guesses??
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Lancia Fulvia Sport 1600 Zagato from the early 1970's.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

That Lancia looks like a REALLY ugly competitor to the VW SP2.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

I guess it's a matter of taste, but the fulvia zagato happens to be widely considered one of the most beautiful cars ever made (don't get me wrong, the SP2 looks really good too).

performance-wise, however, the fulvia was entirely on another planet. It won its fair share of races and its narrow-V4 engine later inspired VW to take the same direction with their VR units.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
'23 type AC3 Hyundai I10 (VW no longer makes small cars!)
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

[quote="Gizmobob"]Today I stopped into a fast food joint to grab a bite to eat and this odd little pickup truck pulled up right next to me. Let's see who can tell us all WTF is that thang. I'll give you one hint... it's from an auto manufacturer that is still in business today and it was made in 1966.

[ those wwere all over japan when I was there as a kid, our highschool shop teacher had one and wanted more tire on the back....so we took some extra rims and cut the center out and welded them togeather.instant duelie mini truck.. there were many other makes some smaller some a tad bigger, suzuki has a smaller one with a 2 or 3 cylinder 2 stroke motor in them. hino/isuzu was tad larger...as in 3~4 inches biger and when there this small thats a lot when your getten cozy with the person next to ya.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
OB Bus. Three on the tree?

Certainly!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

[quote="mark tucker"]
Gizmobob wrote:
Today I stopped into a fast food joint to grab a bite to eat and this odd little pickup truck pulled up right next to me. Let's see who can tell us all WTF is that thang. I'll give you one hint... it's from an auto manufacturer that is still in business today and it was made in 1966.

[ those wwere all over japan when I was there as a kid, our highschool shop teacher had one and wanted more tire on the back....so we took some extra rims and cut the center out and welded them togeather.instant duelie mini truck.. there were many other makes some smaller some a tad bigger, suzuki has a smaller one with a 2 or 3 cylinder 2 stroke motor in them. hino/isuzu was tad larger...as in 3~4 inches biger and when there this small thats a lot when your getten cozy with the person next to ya.

That sir is a Subaru 360 pickup! The van was a blast- a close friend had one.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
turboblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

[quote="hitest"]
mark tucker wrote:
Gizmobob wrote:
Today I stopped into a fast food joint to grab a bite to eat and this odd little pickup truck pulled up right next to me. Let's see who can tell us all WTF is that thang. I'll give you one hint... it's from an auto manufacturer that is still in business today and it was made in 1966.

That sir is a Subaru 360 pickup! The van was a blast- a close friend had one.

Very 1st post of this thread.... Cool

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Dangit! Duped by old news. But double dangit, dragged in by another one of Mark Tucker's lost-in-time shenanigans.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 347, 348, 349 ... 408, 409, 410  Next
Jump to:
Page 348 of 410

Jump to: