Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

EDIT: Fixed up the jack.
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
New2me69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: EDIT: Fixed up the jack. Reply with quote

Small victory.

When I got the car, there was no jack in place. I assumed it was missing and it was added to my list of things to purchase. I very nearly purchased a restored one on line but held off for other things.

One day I decided to go through the parts boxes that came with the car when I purchased it (thought I'd already gone through them well but...) to purge out and toss all the old trashed up parts I no longer needed and clean the garage up a bit.

At the very bottom of one of those boxes BOOM!!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I let out a full on F-bomb loud enough the my neighbours probably figured I'd hurt myself or something but what a treasure to find!

This week I had a bit of time to kill so picked away at tearing it down, cleaning it up a bit and painting it. It turned out good enough for my daily summer driver. Never show car good but, as always, presentable at least.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The jack works perfectly after the time spent on it I'm pretty stoked.

For those who read the original post, turns out I needed to be a little more forceful as the clamp was a little out of shape. The jack slipped right in nice and snug.

Sweet!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: