Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bosch wiper motor servicing?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoPor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Bosch wiper motor servicing? Reply with quote

My wipers are extremely slow. I expect the grease is old and stiff. Can itbe replaced? I hear these units are non serviceable but surely they must come apart. I will check the ground as well.

'58 356A coupe
'00 Boxster S
dsrtfox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Bosch wiper motor servicing? Reply with quote

This guy is known as the wiper guy [email protected] (503)434-3530
He compleatly rebuilt the motor and transmissions and converted to 12V my 56 T1
MoPor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch wiper motor servicing? Reply with quote

Thanks but I was hoping to do it myself. I can always remove it and have a go but it would be nice to know if that effort will be futile. I believe the wiper guy can convert the SWF units and not the Bosch units.

'58 356A coupe
'00 Boxster S
dsrtfox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch wiper motor servicing? Reply with quote

I think he also sells parts but I just sent him my whole assembly and it came back looking and working like new. I also converted to 12V...
MoPor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch wiper motor servicing? Reply with quote

I bought the Zim's voltage reducer for the wipers. The big one.

'58 356A coupe
'00 Boxster S
MoPor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Bosch wiper motor servicing? Reply with quote

I took the wiper assembly out and disassembled the motor. Everything looks pretty good. I don't think its been used much but then the car was in NM for 30+ years. The grease is a little stiff but not terrible.

'58 356A coupe
'00 Boxster S
dsrtfox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch wiper motor servicing? Reply with quote

Clean it out with some kind of solvent, put new grease in it and try it out...
MoPor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch wiper motor servicing? Reply with quote

Its all regreased and reassembled now. I found that I can turn the ground wire eyelet that is riveted onto the motor body which may cause poor grounding. Also, it looks like a crappy solder job where the wire is connected to the eyelet too. Perhaps this is the issue. I will resolder. I need to order new wiper seals so it will be a few weeks before I can reassemble and test.

'58 356A coupe
'00 Boxster S
DL West-Wiperguy Premium Member
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch wiper motor servicing? Reply with quote

Hi let me know if I can help in any way. The ground is always loose on the motors. I strike it with a chisel to tighten. The shaft pivot gearboxes can be serviced also I take them apart and tap threads for screws to be able to service at a later date. Also the shaft on the top in the gear box only uses 180 degrees of the top gear I flip it over and get new teeth. If you do not want to take the boxes apart put a small piece of hose 3/8" On the shaft brass part fill the hose with oil and let it sit over night draining down inside.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: