Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bradley GT redefining lines
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

Any update on this one? I always love to see what people are doing to Bradleys
MNChief
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

Very little been done on the Bradley the weather in Minnesota has been unseasonably warm so I've been doing outside things looking at a big blizzard for this weekend though, I thought I'd finish up the headlights and get the bumpers rearranged to where I want them and then get it over to the fiberglass shop. Found my turn signals, a 6 inch long LED bar combination driving light and turn signals mounted into the front of the nose and glassed in nice. Very Happy pictures after the weekend maybe.
MNChief
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

Very Happy found some time to work on the Bradley project today, I started installing the roll bar supports and mounts, these are important for the mounting points for the shoulder belt and the retractors for the seat belts. The diagonal support follows the curve of the bradley seats and anchors at the pan, hopefully it will give a little side structure also
MNChief
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

I hope to have some photos to post later this week
MNChief
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

Well, since some of you didn't like the look of the composite headlights on the Bradley, (especially my wife, it didn't look "old timey" enough) I have again changed the style of the headlights, with recessed buckets and round sealed beams. (They will be LED/HID in the final installation.) This is it though. The LED driving lights in the cutouts are the turn signals, they are white driving lights that flash amber on signals. The round ambers in the lower openings will be gone, just haven't gotten to cutting the pop rivets yet. I am going to form some heavily tinted covers for the bucket holes, got a couple broken snowmobile windshields that form really nice with a heat gun, see how that works. (lots of NEW snow machines that break windshields, dealers give the broken ones to me) The holes are the same side to side, the right one looks funny because I had to piece in a portion of the hole.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

MNChief
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

So, how many Bradleys are out there with a trunk? This is pretty useful for small bags, I think I will use the old hinges from the non-existent doors, (I had hinges, just no doors) so the trunk cap can be removed. I am going to put a door in the cap wall behind the passenger seat to access the battery. And a sub-woofer in the wall behind the driver seat, amp in the the trunk space. The roll bar is structural, and I am using it to mount the should belt hanger and seat belt retractor.

BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

Looking really good!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

I am looking forward to seeing some full body shots. I am liking the rear section mods.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wetstuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

Chief, Single, 7" headlamps always looked 'stronger' or at least, more purposeful. The worst were those small rectangles.

Nice to see you put your stamp on this project.

Jim
Manx #2614
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

I was never a fan of the GT headlights. Here is what a Kelmark GT nose looked like one of my GT. Just like it should have been there.

MNChief
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

Very Happy Super good day. Rolled the bradley into Precision fiberglass chopper gun booth. This is how it looked to start the day
Hauled it to town to the commercial fiberglass shop, got it inside
Everyone gathered around and said "What is it" Started to spray glass

It was super easy to roll out smooth, laid so nice

Even did the floor pans for soundproofing and strength
2 hours later rolling home
Great day, the crew did it after work, we had pizza and beer. Awesome! More to follow
MNChief
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

If anyone was wondering about the username -"MN Chief" is Retired Army Chief Warrant Officer 3 from Minnesota, 24 years service. Maybe I need a car name?
fiaroadster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

I like what you have done. What you need is multiple Tyvek suits and a whole lot of sandpaper. Do not envy you the next step!
andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

Will you hot coat it by hand to fill out the "weave" of the chopper gun fiberglass? Cool project, I did you never say never attitude.
MNChief
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

The auto body supply place got me some metal sanding screens that are very durable and don't clog with the glass or resin dust at all. My DA sander is set up to vacuum so the dust is minimal but I still hate the itchy fiberglass that gets through the suit. I am going to skim coat the whole car with urethane filler after the rough spots are sanded out. Then its just dusty filler not itchy fiberglass. After hand filling and sanding then spraying about three coats of slick-sand, the final sanding and then sealer should do it
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

Looking good sir!
MNChief
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

Thanks I really like your posts and information you do awesome things. This is a great site love the samba.com
hillmotorsports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

I would be curious how much weight you have added, your total finished weight.

(With way more projects than spare time!)
MNChief
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

The chopper gun meters it's resin and Glass by weight and I had a hundred and twenty-five pounds of glass and resin foam board probably 15 pounds total including the spray foam urethane filler I'll probably have 200 pounds total but I lost the roof and side doors and back glass close to a wash maybe 50 pounds
increase
MNChief
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Bradley GT redefining lines Reply with quote

The chopper gun meters it's resin and Glass by weight and I had a hundred and twenty-five pounds of glass and resin foam board probably 15 pounds total including the spray foam urethane filler I'll probably have 200 pounds total but I lost the roof and side doors and back glass close to a wash maybe 50 pounds
increase
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: