Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rometsch2880 - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Rometsch2880
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: August 18, 2022
boldchrome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Rometsch2880 - [email protected] Reply with quote

In another expample of buyer beware I bought a 1963 Ghia from Rometsch2880 advertised here on The Samba for 9500. The pics looked nice, and of course the PO said it ran great and swore up and down how excellent the car was. After numerous calls and photos, I purchased it, and had it shipped to Canada. On arrival it had no brakes, no transmission, and barely ran. I've decided to sell it, losing almost everything. You'll see my ad here..at least I'm trying to be honest.

The moral to the story is really need to see a car in person before making a decision. It doesn't help when there are con artists like these around trying to flog their junk just to make a buck. Too bad as I was really looking forward into getting into the hobby.

Safe driving!
BreesGhia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn from 9500 to 4500........sorry to hear that
vwtrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it has no transmission? and that wasnt advertised?
karmann57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's saying that the trans is shot.

I do feel your pain, I had a similar experience when I imported my '58 from Florida. Typical story, everything is new, blah, blah. There was so much wrong or missing it was unbelievable, and the flipper PO wouldn't take responsibility for anything, just didn't understand what the problem was. I'm finally ready to start putting it back together after getting very lucky finding some very hard to find parts and spending alot more money.

It is a tough situation, and I know many other people have done it with no issues but it is definitely the last car I buy without seeing it in person.

Shane
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated your thread title so this is actual feedback for the seller.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw7266
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Rometsch2880 - [email protected] Reply with quote

boldchrome wrote:
In another expample of buyer beware I bought a 1963 Ghia from Rometsch2880 advertised here on The Samba for 9500. The pics looked nice, and of course the PO said it ran great and swore up and down how excellent the car was. After numerous calls and photos, I purchased it, and had it shipped to Canada. On arrival it had no brakes, no transmission, and barely ran. I've decided to sell it, losing almost everything. You'll see my ad here..at least I'm trying to be honest.

The moral to the story is really need to see a car in person before making a decision. It doesn't help when there are con artists like these around trying to flog their junk just to make a buck. Too bad as I was really looking forward into getting into the hobby.

Safe driving!

ok i know this car and the seller...I rode it in more than once and it always seemed fine..but that was over a year ago, i'll give you that. I dont understand the 5k price cut esp if you had it tuned up...doesnt make much sense...if that was back down here for that much Id buy it tommorow. Sucks your not happy with it
boldchrome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Rometsch2880 - [email protected] follow up Reply with quote

To those asking about the tranaxle, its shot. The differential howls, and its impossible to shift from first to second. Clutch judder on all starts. Zero brakes despite PO saying they were fine, and in an email from him after the car was loaded on the transport said.. they "needed adjustment" All new drums, shoes, wheel cylinders and and master cylinder intslalled proves this to be a total lie.

To the person who drove in the car last year, perhaps the PO didn't care about your safety as left front wheel bearing was incorrect for the car and literaly hammered into the drum. Ruined bearing and spindle allowed drum to wobble on its axis over an inch. Unbelievable. Shocks were hanging on perches, as all rubber bushings were literarly missing. I could shake the shock around by hand. Total crap and shows how low you can go.

No refund from PO, and no response.
ferdi7523
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Rometsch2880 - [email protected] - Zachary Reply with quote

First time buying some small parts from this gentleman.
The communication went smooth with reasonable good price.
Looking forward to have another transaction, thanks Zac!
RHD 1600 78 BUS
2ndsuper beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Rometsch2880 - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a sapphire radio from zac and it was just as described......he also shipped very fast and packed it well.....I would not hesitate to buy from this seller again and I recommend him to all on samba!......thanks, Zac and happy selling............
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: