Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What does your workbench look like this week/month/year?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brendel20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: What does your workbench look like this week/month/year? Reply with quote

I feel like my workbench always tells the story of where I'm at on my current project. Here's the official Oval Workbench thread ....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What does your workbench look like this week/month/year? Reply with quote

... just cleaned a spot.

11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brendel20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What does your workbench look like this week/month/year? Reply with quote

Love it!!
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What does your workbench look like this week/month/year? Reply with quote

Trans is out of the car and the engine is ready to start assembling.
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: What does your workbench look like this week/month/year? Reply with quote

... here's my old work bench... the Messerschmitts were always in the way...

11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottf1887
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What does your workbench look like this week/month/year? Reply with quote

Get a hobby she said, the garage is big enough she said...Lol I can kind of see my workbench back there. I just drug home a 57 and cut it up. It needs to go!
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What does your workbench look like this week/month/year? Reply with quote

Brendel20 wrote:
I feel like my workbench always tells the story of where I'm at on my current project. Here's the official Oval Workbench thread ....

That looks staged. Laughing

My bench is an embarrassment of work in progress. A ladder is at one end, upgrading my attic TV antenna needs to get done before it gets warm. At the back behind it is a couple '56 to '59 door handles, one to replace the left handle but not the chrome surround, the other replace the surround on the drivers door. Then there is the aluminum with dykem and scribe lines on it for my custom reserve handle extension bracket, and a line of tools along the front edge for the next steps in its creation. The new bracket will be shiny, and push the handle down creating space for a black button above the handle (wired to provide mist mode for my oval wipers.) At the far end is a bench grinder bolted to the table and behind that is some books (VW and electronics) that I cover before grinding. One of my original wheels with an OLD bias ply whitewall tire on it leans against the front of the bench (the other 3 are leaning against the storage next to the bench.) Wow, my workbench is only 6 feet long and looks like crap -- I don't think I want to share a picture of it. Shocked
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What does your workbench look like this week/month/year? Reply with quote

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joe h.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: What does your workbench look like this week/month/year? Reply with quote

Mine's pretty busy right now...

Wayne S. Johnson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What does your workbench look like this week/month/year? Reply with quote

This is a bench picture at CURRENT SINK SYSTEMS taken during the prototype development and testing of the Sapphire Radio Bluetooth receiver.

I provide a modification service for a 6 or 12 Volt Sapphire radios with an internal Bluetooth receiver. The external appearance of the radio remains 100% factory original.

A link to the video can be seen at:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=632417

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: