Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dellorto venturi O.D. sizes? 36,40,45mm interchangable?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Dellorto venturi O.D. sizes? 36,40,45mm interchangable? Reply with quote

What is with the small booster insert thingy in there?
Did that aux-venturi come from a CB single kit?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/quote]

I do not know exactly how that is supposed to be, but pretty sure there is no reason for the bottom of the booster to be more than 2mm below the smallest point, but maybe being a little deeper is a Dellorto secret that gives it some good quality. The inside taper IS very gradual so the exact location will be less critical.

Certainly there is some variance in these things and they can benefit from being blueprinted.....although I don't have the blueprint. At any rate those OE vents are WAY different than the CB ones, total opposite! too much taper verses VERY conservative taper on the OE ones.
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto venturi O.D. sizes? 36,40,45mm interchangable? Reply with quote

NO it came with this Single DRLA I just picked up Weird Huh! The EuroCarb website does show 2 different ones (Auxiliary Venturis), No explanation though! 10078.1, 12189.

I haven't tried to run this carb yet, wasn't planning on it, just a source for parts for now but it's a nice carb, It was really configured strange:
28mm Dell venturis, 150 air corrections,
140 mains 60 idle,
55 pump jets!
John Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Dellorto venturi O.D. sizes? 36,40,45mm interchangable? Reply with quote

I was looking for information on the differences of Auxiliary Venturis, but couldn’t find any. I know there are at least 3 types, As, Bs and 2s.

Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto venturi O.D. sizes? 36,40,45mm interchangable? Reply with quote

Depends on the application the carbs were delivered for. For dual set ups you want the "B" or "2"version.
j-dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto venturi O.D. sizes? 36,40,45mm interchangable? Reply with quote

Alstrup wrote:
For dual set ups you want the "B" or "2"version.

That is really interesting, I have not noticed a difference in the before at a glance when comparing 1 vs 2 or A vs B. I will have to have a closer look.

I wonder if they are like the Weber Aux vents with the sizes like 3.0, 4.0, 4.5 and 5? My understanding is that size is as measured in the center passage and not something we can measure with a pin gauge. The Weber book states that a smaller size would have the effect of accelerating the air at a higher rate, increasing the effect of the emulsion tube and that a 3.5 would often run leaner than say a 4.5.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto venturi O.D. sizes? 36,40,45mm interchangable? Reply with quote

The common DRLA booster is about a 4 in weber size

I have not encountered the alternate A booster.

You can measure the size of the slot, and convert that into area, and then convert that into what size round hole would have that area, and that's the size.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: