Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dellorto DRLA 36 pump jet size question
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drewmon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Dellorto DRLA 36 pump jet size question Reply with quote

Hi, Thank you in advance.

I recently acquired some Dellorto DRLA 36 carbs. For my 1776 with 110 cam. In looking at them I have the following parts installed:

Idle 58 (also have extra sets of 55's & 60's)
Main 130 (also have extra sets of 125's and 128's)
30mm vents
180 air correction
150 needle valve
33 pump jets.

My question is:

According to the "Dellorto Superperformance" book the Dellorto 36's should have bigger pump jets (50's). The 33's are standard for the Dellorto 40's.

Does anyone have any input on this?
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA 36 pump jet size question Reply with quote

I would leave your pump jets and change the idles to 55 and the mains to 128s and set your floats and verify fuel pressure.
mcdragracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA 36 pump jet size question Reply with quote

The 33 pump jets should be fine, from my experience having different size pump jets in different size engines, doesnt make much of a difference unless you have a stumble off idle or when accelerating.
You can also change the amount of volume of fuel it squirts by adjusting the rod nut on the underside of the carb, I to would rec 128 mains and 55 idles to start.
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA 36 pump jet size question Reply with quote

I just got a set of DRLA 36's and I too have the 33 pump jets! They seem to work pretty well on my 1679cc but yeah, it does bog if revved when cold. I have 45's I think on my 1800's no bog.
Drewmon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA 36 pump jet size question Reply with quote

Thank you all very much. I see so many different reccomandations all over the net. I'll start with what you have said and see where it goes.
Drewmon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA 36 pump jet size question Reply with quote

Danwvw wrote:
I just got a set of DRLA 36's and I too have the 33 pump jets! They seem to work pretty well on my 1679cc but yeah, it does bog if revved when cold. I have 45's I think on my 1800's no bog.

When you say no bog with the 45's on your 1800, are you talking 45 pump jets or 45 carbs?
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA 36 pump jet size question Reply with quote

Yes 45 pump jets! That or even 50's would probably be better. I usually set the total fuel adjustment on the fuel pump linkages right in the center of the threads. But one of these days I should look into actually measuring the cc's of fuel coming out the pump jets.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA 36 pump jet size question Reply with quote

I'd start with 45 squirters.
40 if you want to save gas, but 33 is just REALLY small!

Some came with 33, and it does work, but it's not ideal.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: