Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Larry Coryell

http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2017/02/20/5...dies-at-73
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Richard Schickel, film critic for Time Magazine
http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-richard-schickel-dies-20170219-story.html
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Fox News contributor and commentator Alan Colmes has died after a brief illness. He was 66.

America’s Newsroom co-anchor Bill Hemmer announced the news during Thursday’s broadcast of the Fox program.
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Ed Garvey, who led the National Football League players’ union to two strikes during a dozen years as its executive director and later became a progressive political activist and officeseeker in his native Wisconsin, died on Wednesday in Verona, Wis. He was 76.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

David Yorko

http://www.toledoblade.com/Deaths/2017/02/20/David...canes.html
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

HMVWNAB wrote:
Fox News contributor and commentator Alan Colmes has died after a brief illness. He was 66.

America’s Newsroom co-anchor Bill Hemmer announced the news during Thursday’s broadcast of the Fox program.

I listened to his daily radio show back in the 90's. I liked his opposing angle to the typical talk shows, but I got really tired of hearing the word "unconscionable". He said it nearly every other sentence!
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Bill Paxton, the versatile actor who appeared in films incuding “Aliens” and “Titanic” and played a bigamist on HBO’s “Big Love,” has died from complications following a surgical procedure. He was 61.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

HMVWNAB wrote:
Bill Paxton, the versatile actor who appeared in films incuding “Aliens” and “Titanic” and played a bigamist on HBO’s “Big Love,” has died from complications following a surgical procedure. He was 61.

Wow, that's a surprise. I just saw his brother a few days ago. He lives here.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
HMVWNAB wrote:

Wow, that's a surprise. I just saw his brother a few days ago. He lives here.

I loved that guy! He was so good in Aliens as the complainer! "Game over man, game over!"

Link

It sucks that we keep losing all these entertainers from our youth.. Sheesh!

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

People's Court Judge Joe Wapner dead at 97

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:

It sucks that we are losing entertainers only a few years older than us. Judge Wapner had a long run. Bill Paxton, unfortunately not. Sad
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:

It sucks that we are losing entertainers [b]only a few years older than us.[/b] Judge Wapner had a long run. Bill Paxton, unfortunately not. Sad

Trust me, I thought the same thing! Sad

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

RIP MR BILL. I wonder if he was hear in town when he died/had the surgery. these morons dr's can kill you trying to pop a pimple. did he just start a new series??
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
People's Court Judge Joe Wapner dead at 97

Always ended with " Officer Burrell has some documents for you to sign"
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
RIP MR BILL. I wonder if he was hear in town when he died/had the surgery. these morons dr's can kill you trying to pop a pimple. did he just start a new series??

He did- "Training Day." I feel sorry for his co-stars. "Apollo 13" is in my top 5 favorites of my time. It's a shame the only naked anything on "Weird Science" was not of Kelly LeBrock, but rather Bill's butt.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

It can be tough to define celebrity, but in my mind Wally Pikal deserves the recognition. I grew up with him. He was a close friend of my father. His music was everywhere in my childhood in a small central Minnesota town. I met him several times, the last one being at my parent's 50th wedding anniversary a few years back. He was the "DJ". He could play three trumpets at once. He could play two trumpets while jumping on a pogo stick. He hosted a weekly radio show for 52 years. He played taps at veteran's funerals where my father also served on the honor guard. He was a really good human being. And he was a really happy, funny guy.

RIP Mr. Wally Pikal.

http://www.crowrivermedia.com/hutchinsonleader/new...e1cab.html
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Robert Osborne, host of Turner Classic Movies, dead at 84:

http://deadline.com/2017/03/robert-osborne-dead-tcm-host-author-oscars-history-1202037799/
Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

So sad --have missed him on TCM.
I think we watch more on that station than anything except maybe documentaries channels.
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Former Oakland Raiders offensive guard Mickey Marvin, 61, died Monday.

The Knoxville News Sentinel's Rhiannon Potkey reported Marvin had been fighting ALS.
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

I liked Robert Osborne and he really taught me a lot about cinema over the years. He knew a lot and conveyed it in an interesting manner.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Jump to:
Page 171 of 416

Jump to: