Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Late bumper ID help with differences
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boo-Koo-Z Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Late bumper ID help with differences Reply with quote

I've seldom sold bumpers from my late bump pile because I don't know what dfits what. These are bumpers that have come with type 3 parts lots I've bought but not guaranteed to be type 3. Any educated folks want to chime in and offer some support so I can list them for what the are and get them into circulation. I don't have a 70+ type 3 here to do any test fits with. I'm guessing there could be 411/412 mixed I. Here or late ghia? Thanks for your time.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I've grouped them into 3 categories. So first for the rears. They have more of a straight upper rear edge and a tighter turn to the corners. 3 of the 6 rears I have measure 57 to 57 1/2. The other 3 measurements I took all seemed to match up or are really close to one another so really only the tip to tip is slightly different.

The other 3 rears I have are a bit narrower center of tip to center of tip and range from 56 1/4 to 56 7/8. A couple of their other measurements I took were slightly different and the one missing measurements on the tape has double the wholes and has been modified.

For the fronts I only have two one is 59 1/2 and the other is 59. Their other measurements are close to each other.

Desert Fox Spoiler Buggy
60 crew cab, 64 21 Window Deluxe Bus clone
63 OG Manilla yellow Ghia
73 Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dfasty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Late bumper ID help with differences Reply with quote

hi I have a 70 fastback.I think all the rear ones are the same. they will fit a late type 3 or a late ghia. the front ones are 70 or 71 type 3 bumpers by 72 the fronts had a diagonal ends for the late ghia.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: