Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
flomulgator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

I thought you already had 15" rims Sodo?
FWIW my 215/65/16 fit nicely between the rails, in a very non-stock holder. The old 215/70/16 that they replaced required deflating and was annoying. I believe the current tires are right at 27" diameter. Feel free to swing buy and check it out if you'd like.
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

I have BFG A/T KO LT215/75R15 @ 27.6" and it fits perfect in the (modified) clamshell. I am planning to get the new KO2 ($121.36)

BFG A/T KO2 LT215/65R16 @ 27.0" should fit too but don't see a good reason to use 16". Cost $147 each. There is a LT215/70R16 discontinued BFG T/A KO at 28" for $169.

I don't have a real good reason to get different rims, just want it to look more 4WD. I could probably get that by painting the wheels I have.

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
flomulgator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Yeah no real reason to go 16" if your going to stick to 27" diameter. I guess it would increase highway stability a little bit by reducing sidewall.
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

this is in the General discussion forum, so please reply to the following link:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=671338
But I wanted to bring it to the attention of folks here as well:

"I emailed Dave at VanagonLife about a possible group buy and or shipping discount to the greater Seattle area.

http://www.vanagonlife.com/theshop/locking-steel-center-console

If we order 10 in the same color he is willing to offer us a 10% group discount! Cost is $595.00 - 10%= $535.50!

If 5 or more are ordered from the Seattle area he is willing to deliver them to one address that's about $50.00 savings in shipping!!

Oregon has no sales tax!

I am interested in 1 in black.

Happy to use my address if a more central one for the group is not available. I live in Gig Harbor 7 minutes from Tacoma and 15 minutes from I5."
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Happy Snow day Seattlers...

I saw this tire carrier listed on CL this morning. Looks like it will involve some fabrication but the price is cheap: $25

The tire carrier is from a nissan pathfinder...see the ad here:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/5989926837.html
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Anyone need a spare(?) automatic transaxle (original)?
$100.00 on CL. Said it was working...

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/6002550028.html
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Looks like the manual trans from a '70's era Beetle

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

here is a coat closet (rear most cabinet) and overhead non AC cabinet for sale, $135.00. Brown color. Looks to be in really decent shape. Over on the west side of the sound (Kitsap County)

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/pts/6014208993.html

VW Westfalia Closet and "Headache" Rack - $135 (Kitsap County)

I pulled these cabinets from my camper as I have designed new cabinetry and no longer need these.
Closet and Rack. Includes two sets of speakers and a Brake "Third Eye"
Email is best to reach me. Can deliver if close.
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Trying to get this thread to surpass the Portland area thread (JK)...

I wanted to ask you all your opinion on the following item:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/6017183751.html

It is a trailer hitch manufactured by MANN welding (local welder in bellevue)...

This one is on CL, and it looks bent/funky in areas... I've never pulled off my fiberglass bumper, but I assume I wouldnt be able to keep my fiberglass bumper on with this design since it has the two inserts that I think are currently used to hold the bumper on?

Anyways, I'd love a twin peaks rear bumper but dont have the coin for it. Well thoughts are appreciated, I would like to keep my fiberglass bumper on (for aesthetics purposes....)

why am I getting the hitch? for a swing away bike rack. I figure I can negotiate the price down (unless one of you are selling it, then i just showed my hand) but yeah...thoughts?

Thanks.

Last edited by dsdunbar on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
flomulgator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Yeah that looks awfully like a bumper-retaining hitch to me. Pretty heavy duty, I've never seen that much stabilizer work extending forward from the hitch before.
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

flomulgator wrote:
Yeah that looks awfully like a bumper-retaining hitch to me. Pretty heavy duty, I've never seen that much stabilizer work extending forward from the hitch before.

Are you saying that this hitch requires me going without the bumper (for it slides into the bumper retaining points?)
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

New question: Where do you all weigh your vans? I work up in everett at Boeing and drive by the weigh station / rest area just south of exit 189 on I-5, I'd love to drive into it to get a weight but I am uncertain the legalities of it ....and if it's a violation etc

I know some use dump stations, never been (here in WA) so dont know what to expect...
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

What shop in the Seattle/Tacoma area knows all about the Syncro locker/decoupler/VC system? My shop does a good job on most Vanagon repairs, but I think they don't have much experience under their belt to test/troubleshoot/service the Syncro drivetrain. I don't want my Syncro to be their guinea pig to experiment on.
pnwkayaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

RainierSyncro wrote:
What shop in the Seattle/Tacoma area knows all about the Syncro locker/decoupler/VC system? My shop does a good job on most Vanagon repairs, but I think they don't have much experience under their belt to test/troubleshoot/service the Syncro drivetrain. I don't want my Syncro to be their guinea pig to experiment on.

Try North-Westy, I believe at one point Kirk Meeks had developed his own decoupler mechanism, so he should be pretty well versed about it.

Seattle Meetup at Marymoor (link)
A collection of Simple Useful Mods (SUM) (link)
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Set of rear windows with the vent, $80 (for the pair) in bellevue

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/pts/6031207474.html
Chainsaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

So when are we all gonna drag our vans down to XXX Burger in Issaquah and show off?
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Give me a few weeks......I'm not on the ground yet...

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
Chainsaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Definitely, gotta get past this Marchuary snow! Shocked
Plus Ive gotta peel my transaxle out to do seals and clutch. It'd be nice to not mark every spot she stops at.
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

dsdunbar wrote:
New question: Where do you all weigh your vans? I work up in everett at Boeing and drive by the weigh station / rest area just south of exit 189 on I-5, I'd love to drive into it to get a weight but I am uncertain the legalities of it ....and if it's a violation etc

I know some use dump stations, never been (here in WA) so dont know what to expect...

I've weighed my van at that scale. Just drop in when the sign says 'Closed'.

http://www.coopsareopen.com/washington-truck-scale-1002.html

Truck stops will weigh you for a fee:
http://www.allstays.com/c/weigh-scales-washington-locations-map.htm
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Thanks Jake!

Jake de Villiers wrote:
dsdunbar wrote:

I've weighed my van at that scale. Just drop in when the sign says 'Closed'.

http://www.coopsareopen.com/washington-truck-scale-1002.html

Truck stops will weigh you for a fee:
http://www.allstays.com/c/weigh-scales-washington-locations-map.htm

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: