Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

cost of a respray?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kakarottt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: cost of a respray? Reply with quote

How much should a paintjob cost me if I do all the body work? basically just to have them spray the car..

I have been told anywhere from 200 to 1500..

now i don't have the 1500 to dump on something thats gonna get all chipped up when as i drive it everyday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the quality of the paint job you want. If you want to go to Maaco or Peaches, or something like that (which i dont reccomend) and you do all the body and prep work, you're probably looking at around 300 bucks. Only disadvantage to this is your paint will be peeling off all over the place in 2 yrs. Also, depends on whether you want a base coat/clear coat job or a single stage. Opinions vary on which one is best, but BC/CC usually seems to hold up better. If you take it to a body shop and you do all the body/prep work, you're probably looking at around 1000 dollars for single and 1200 for BC/CC. Advantage to this? Your paint will last for year. Remember, you always get what you pay for in the Paint business.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ipaintem
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is what I recomend. You get the car ready to spray final sand with 500 or 600. Wash and clean everything. Ask around for someone who paints at a reputable shop and if they have a shop at home. Let them get the paint and shoot it for you. Depending on the brand of paint, It may cost around 6-700 bucks. Labor alone should not be over 300 range if he is way off this keep looking. Keep in mind that nobody will warante a job like this because they didnt do ALL of the work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: