Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hood & Decklid alignment help.
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
deepseeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Hood & Decklid alignment help. Reply with quote

HELP!
I recently had my 60 vert painted and upon assembly the hood and decklid arent lining up. My body guy has given up and left it on me. My hood wont seat properly at the mid bend area. It sits about a 1/2-3/4'' to high. It fits fine on top and bottom.
The decklid aligns in the center, but both corners sit low about a 1/2''.
Does anyone have any alignment tips or tricks? Any help is appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these the original parts off the car and did they fit when removed?
Has the car ever been hit?
deepseeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the decklid fit pretty damn good. The hood was purchased seperate to replace the after market one that was on it. My body guy said he pre fit it and it fit up. There is no sign of front or rear accidents. the aprons are very strait. If I take the front locking assembly complety off I get back a 1/4'' of clearance. I have made all the adjustments I could with the front locking system. Im so lost.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you how I addressed this with my car.
The hood needs to be further back at the cowl than you would think, because the latch should pull the hood forward when it latches.

And the latch needs to be further down.
deepseeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look at my gap at the cowl. If I remember right, theres barely a gap there now. As far as the latch, its as low as it can go.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: