Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bagged 65 beetle
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubtype1
Vdubn' Till I Die

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you gotta go with the Porshe wheels. Them things look badass!
I think you should paint them, it'll look better(IMHO).

Nice ride, bro.

Caleb
'65 Beetle project
70fasty
ITMC Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea man if you got those wheels and painted them the same color white as the car it would look bad ass, i say do it

ITMC
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bpoogas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Ha, yeah I thought they would look cool, Now I'll just have to save up a chunk of change here, wheels and tires will be close to $1500 and I'll need disc brakes all around (another $1000). So wheels,brakes, tires may not be too soon. Confused

As for other updates...I got a new carb the other day, so now the engine runs good again. All the lights and turnsignals work. Smile

Even before the wheels, I need to hook up an Alarm, electric locks, and maybe a locking shifter. It all takes more time and $$$. Eventually this car will be a daily driver. I hope.

By next summer it will should be close to complete with wheels, big engine, and a STEREO THAT WILL BLOW WOMENS CLOTHES OFF. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
65ratrod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesnt take much all i got is 1 10" and 2 6x9's and ive already blown the seal on my back window loose.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
bpoogas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How 'bout (4) 15" woofers and 3000 watts?

(and thats just for the bass).

I'm already using half that in my daily driver Cool

Sound Deadening shown here, It'll end up being everywhere eventually.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TimAlan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoogas wrote:
How 'bout (4) 15" woofers and 3000 watts?

(and thats just for the bass).

I'm already using half that in my daily driver Cool

Sound Deadening shown here, It'll end up being everywhere eventually.

You're gonna go deaf.. nonetheless a big system is a must in a car that's meant turn heads like yours..
dubtype1
Vdubn' Till I Die

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it your not gonna have a back seat? There's not enough air space for 4 15" subs behind the rear seat.

Caleb
'65 Beetle project
bpoogas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can restrain myself on the volume knob I won't go deaf too soon. Smile
It goes slow though. Probably won't get the stereo worked out for another 3 or 4 months. It's always a work in progress.

I notice even people without stereos will ditch the back seat. I won't really need one either. It's all gonna be done up in fiberglass with some heavy internal bracing. Probably 2 or 3 separate enclosures, So I can get it in the car when it's done. I plan on 2 1500 watt amps under the front seats, and my other amps probably up front.

But if I did have a back seat.. I estimate around 3.75 cu. ft. behind the rear seat ( 2.5 cu. ft. if you don't use the area over the wheel humps). Thats enough for 2 right there, So the other 2 should be easy without the seat. It will be pretty close though. I'll need around 7 or 8 cu. ft. total for the 4 speakers.

I've been into stereo since I was 16, And I always knew I wanted a ridiculous stereo like all the ones in the magazines. So now we'll see if I can do it. Smile
dubtype1
Vdubn' Till I Die

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 or 8, for only 4 subs? Which subs are ya gonna use? Are ya building a ported, sealed, or bandpass enclosure? You should only need about 1.25 to 1.50 cubes per sub in a bandpass box. Less in a sealed box, and more in a ported one. Plus you don't need much in a bug, it's got the perfect shape for a great sound. Just my 2 cents.

Caleb
'65 Beetle project
bpoogas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dubtype1 wrote:
7 or 8, for only 4 subs? Which subs are ya gonna use? Are ya building a ported, sealed, or bandpass enclosure? You should only need about 1.25 to 1.50 cubes per sub in a bandpass box. Less in a sealed box, and more in a ported one. Plus you don't need much in a bug, it's got the perfect shape for a great sound. Just my 2 cents.

Don't worry, I've been doing this for a while. And one of my friends with no life is obsessed with some weird enclosure programs that he uses on the computer and getting perfect bass. I'm just gonna figure out how much space I have to work with, and go from there. It will be for sound quality and looks. Not necissarily high DB... but I'm sure it will be quite loud. Smile

The speakers I have are a little old ( 15" Phoenix Gold XMAX )
So I might actually have to switch to something else. If I go with 12"s instead I will need like 5 or 6 speakers.
But here's their info If you must know...

ftp://208.187.38.55/Phoenix_Gold/Manuals/Speakers/XMax/15/XMAX15v.2_specs&boxes.pdf
dubtype1
Vdubn' Till I Die

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Computer box program is the way to go. Can't go wrong with that, I personaly like 12's better than 15's. I think they have a cleaner sound.

Keep us posted on you project, it's turning out sweet.

Caleb
'65 Beetle project
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: