Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

my 74 super (first project)
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
taza_one
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: my 74 super (first project) Reply with quote

Originally posted at http://www.superbeetles.com but I wan'ed to share with all y'all as well. TS Logo

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'd like new wheels and to lower the front. Not really going for the stock thing. I'm gonna customize this baby. Thinking about chrome mag wheels or spokes. It needs new hood seals, and I pulled out the unhooked tubing from the drivers side blower under the hood.
The fresh air system is a mess/non existent. The motor isn't working.
Now wiper fluid system.
The seal under the engine needs replacing as well.
The air hoses in the engine aren't really clamped in well. I changed the air filter. The oil's good.
I guess it has a stock engine, but I suspect it's been swapped from an automatic or something.
Run's nice but chokes up till warm.
The heater cable on the drivers side needs replacing.
I smell fumes from the vent tubing under the hood. I'd like to get the who tank and tubing replaced, but the fuel line seems well intact.

Got the windows tinted for Cali. I can't hang with the UV rays. Style and security is nice.
Damage to fender from past bumper hit.
The paint needs to be redone. I'm gonna stick with the two tone but not baby blue. Maybe silver/white.
I'm finding rust that was covered with bondo and stuff. Not a good thing. I can't even look at it right now but I guess that has to be addressed before any other paint or body work is done. The floor pan feels stong but who knows the rotting that could be happening.
I'd like new bumpers and mirrors, etc.

The dash is cracked, the glove box hinge is weak, the electrical is suspect, the gas gauge doesn't work right, but I self installed this (first). The carpet and seats are new. While the carpet is nice, I hope it's not covering damage.

I'd like to custom install 6" speakers in the front kick panels but till then..............

Two Pioneer 4-way 6x9s. They bump enough to create permanent ear damage, but I'd like a sub and the fronts for balance.
the material on the cieling has "yellowed" a bit but completely intact.

So that's that. i get the slight shimmies from 40 to 50, but after that I'm sailin'. Oh, the brakes kind of pulsate. Doesn't feel good I don't think.

All and all I fell in love with this car when getting my friends borrowed '70 worked on.

After driving "Oscar" I knew I could ride the bus no more. I'm exited to get this going.

My car rules!!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: