Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Auto Trans Problem
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COFBack wrote:

Took her for a spin, didn't have any problem holding 60-65 heading up from Colorado Springs (6k ft) to Monument Pass (about 7.5K ft). Comfortable drive between 65-70 on the flats. Not quite as much poop as I expected at slow speeds (even after you get by the hesitation) but hopefully getting the carbs squared away will help this.

Any thoughts?

thanks
RMS

Get rid of the OH OH nine. That will get rid of most of your hesitation off the line. Put your original T-3 FI distributor in and forget the vacuum advance. The FI distributor has one of the best performance advance curves you can find.
What is happening, is that the 009 is advancing too soon. It was designed as a dist. for an industrial engine, that ran at a constant RPM. The advance comes in very quick to get the power early. The FI distributors are designed to be driven on the street.
http://classicvw.org/gallery/IgnitionManual/ignition_system_manual_017
http://classicvw.org/gallery/IgnitionManual/ignition_system_manual_018

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
COFBack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ

Thanks for the info, will look into the replacing the 009. I really don't want to mess with points though. I'm a true believer in electronic ignition after dropping a chevy HEI in my 73 Jeep.

I'm not sure if the Compu-fire will work with the stock distributor.

I'm off for 5 days in the mountains. Fly fishing and drinking so it will be a while before I can get down to business on the fasback.

thanks again
RMS
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: