Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

65 bug sliding sunroof (not ragtop) disassembly/restore
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubcabby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: 65 bug sliding sunroof (not ragtop) disassembly/restore Reply with quote

I have a '65 type 1 passed down from by dad and I want to start restoring it. It has a sliding sunroof and I'm looking for manuals or diagrams how to remove/replace it. The rails and the seal need to be replaced, and the top re-painted. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
69calibug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend getting a Bentley manual for your car, if you don't have one already. There are several pages dedicated to the sunroof assembly, with pictures and instructions. Best of luck with the resto Cool
dubcabby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 69calibug, went and got the Bentley Official Service Manual and it has a great section on sunroofs. Only bad thing is I paid $40 at a shop and then saw it for $25 at Amazon w/free shipping. Damn!!! Thanks again. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: