Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

another speedo question
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
karfer67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: another speedo question Reply with quote

ok what is the secret of getting that bugger out of there? in the vw work book they say to remove the fuse block but you still can't see up in there to remove it. i know there are those two clips one on each side of the speedo but how do you release it with out breaking the clips? i swear i learn something new about these type 3's everyday lol.
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: another speedo question Reply with quote

karfer67 wrote:
ok what is the secret of getting that bugger out of there? in the vw work book they say to remove the fuse block but you still can't see up in there to remove it. i know there are those two clips one on each side of the speedo but how do you release it with out breaking the clips? i swear i learn something new about these type 3's everyday lol.

the easiest way, for me, was to remove the clock first, then the speedo, then the fuel/combo gauge... removing the clock first gives you more room. I also used a long screwdriver to compress the clip on the other side of the speedo so I could push it forward..

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barter_Builder
69 FI/AC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just use your hand to squeeze the clips inwards >O< you don't need to look under the dash to do this. you could also push it foward ( as in foward toward the hood) then when you have squeezed the clips push it back ( as in back towards you or the rear of the car) I've always been able to do it this way with no prob.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

automatic_squareback wrote:
just use your hand to squeeze the clips inwards >O< you don't need to look under the dash to do this. you could also push it foward ( as in foward toward the hood) then when you have squeezed the clips push it back ( as in back towards you or the rear of the car) I've always been able to do it this way with no prob.

And hold your mouth right... Laughing

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: