Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Will they fit?
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChoptopT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Will they fit? Reply with quote

Hey guys I am considering buying these 4 lug BRM repro's for my 69 square with stock front disk brakes and stock rear drums. The add says they are 15" x 5" with a 130mm off set.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=152405

I have come across a couple of threads on this issue talking about CIP1 and Flat Four having different offsets, these are Mooneyes. I still have not read a final answer as to whether or not these will fit. My EMPI eight spokes measured about a 10mm offset where as these are advertising a 130mm? I will be running 145's in the front and 165's in the rear.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Choptopt3

"Kody" is here born June 11, 2007
4.5 lbs 19.75"
68 Chopped Squareback
64 Ghia vert (wifes car)
2006 Mini Cooper S JCW, it has arrived!!
speed holes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That ad is confused. 130mm is 4x130mm, the bolt pattern, not offset.

Not sure what the offset is on those wheels but if 8 spokes fit, these should be ok. Might want to double check with Mooneyes to be sure.

Oh, and Mooneyes sells Flat-4 products.
trox1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running these rims on my 69 srq. I have 185s up front and am lowered 1 click. I rub with the 185s and will buy smaller ones when these wear out. These rims do stick out a little more than your 8 spokes do. I learned that buy reading other forums in here. I like the look and will live with the rubbing for now. If you are seriously lowered you might be ok with the 145s. I don't know. Good luck.
ChoptopT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: offset Reply with quote

OK so I found out that the "130mm offset" they got was from measuring from the back rim edge to the front of the hub?
I asked that they put the rim face down run a straight edge across the rim and measure down the center to the back of the hub, this way they come up with 3.5" or 88.9mm, I beleive my original measurement (in the same way) was wrong when I measured my 8-spoke. I beleive it to have been 100mm.
Knowing this it would appear that I have less back spacing and may have a clearance issue on my fron calipers? I am running Brazilian calipers and have read about people having to grind down a little of the caliper in order to get proper clearance.
Is this correct? Have any of you had to deal with this before.
Thanks,
Choptopt3

"Kody" is here born June 11, 2007
4.5 lbs 19.75"
68 Chopped Squareback
64 Ghia vert (wifes car)
2006 Mini Cooper S JCW, it has arrived!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: